WAG Neck sprain, how long until I can go at it again?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

aerialriver

Coach
Gymnast
Hi guys last Monday I feel on my head doing a double back. I did go see the doc. Nothing broken just sprained neck and chest. It seems to get a little better then worse again. The pain moves around sometimes it is the sides of my neck, sometimes the back, sometimes my shoulder and my chest is on and off.

The doctor gave no specific detail just that it would take time. The handout he gave me said 1-3 weeks. I have sprained many things, ankles mostly and I can tell when it is still weak but okay to work on anyways (granted I am able to tape an ankle)

How do I know when I can return to activity? Is it safe even if I try and have to stop because my neck spasms? Or is that I sign I shouldn't have been doing it to begin with?

I don't want to be a big baby about it and I don't want to put off going back to practice too long. But I also want to make sure I am not going to do long term damage in any way.

Has any one else had this injury? How long did it take you and how did you get back into your activities? Should I just go to practice and stop if it gets to be too much or wait a bit?

I am not looking for medical advice. Just other peoples experiences and thoughts. I will return to the doctor if I need to.

Thanks!

If you saw the doctor recently, call them and tell them your question. They'll either have a nurse call you back, or pass the question to the doctor, who will either call you back or have someone call you back.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back