Question about gymnastics a,b, c skills and prep opl.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have a question. My daughter is going from level 5 to prep op... I don't know what skills need to be in the routines. I hear a, b, c skills, but my daughter doesn't know what all of them are. I'm just nervous because she doesn't have her routines yet and has a meet in about a month......ANy help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Prep op rules vary by state and region, so it is hard to know what she needs. Most likely the coaches are working with her on the skills, and then the routines will just work the skills into them. Generally it won't take nearly as long to learn her routines for prep op as it does for compulsories as you don't have to worry about any text error deductions. Also, there is a nice range of skills she can put in routines. There are so many a,b, etc. skills that it would be too many to list (they are in the code of points which the gym would have). If she is going from L5 to prep op, she should just need A and B skills as C skills are not allowed until L8. In our region girls competing prep op after L5 need pretty much the same difficulty of skills as L5 with options to increase difficulty level as they get the skills. Good luck to your dd!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back