1 simple levels question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

bonessalvation

Proud Parent
Hi..could anyone tell me if my daughter is allowed to compete out of age level 5 and then in age level 4 in the same year?

Thanks

I'm confused… Are you asking if your daughter can score out of level five and then go back to level four to compete?

Can you just clarify what you mean by 'level 5' and 'level 4'? Do you mean she is competing compulsory level 5 out of age, or one of the grades (national or regional) in spring and then wanting to do voluntary level 4 in autumn?
You can compete regional grade or national grade 5 in spring and then compete voluntary 4 in autumn. You can't compete compulsory 5 and 4 in the same year or voluntary 5 and 4 in the same year.

Ok thanks i take it thats a no then..yes i was asking if she could compete in UK county out of age level 5 and then also in age level 4 in the same year as well as her grades comps. The reason I ask is that she has been training to do her out of age level 5 but some question has been raised that she might be ready for in age level 4 this year..so i just wondered if she could enter both.

depends what competitions - grades more than one level no, but local county competitions, depends on your county. We have girls competing level 3 in county, level 4 out of county, our county is very uncompetetive !

So you have a couple of options:

You don't need to pass compulsory 5 to do compulsory 4. So if she is ready to do comp 4, and the entries haven't closed (or you're allowed to move) in your region, she can do compulsory 4 in age this year.

If she does do compulsory 5 out of age, she can do voluntary level 4 in the autumn.

You can't do grades and compulsories in the same year. Some regions I think have a voluntary spring levels competition too, so she coupd do in age level 4 there.

What region are you? Most have done grades and levels/compulsory entries are in.

Ok thanks i take it thats a no then..yes i was asking if she could compete in UK county out of age level 5 and then also in age level 4 in the same year as well as her grades comps. The reason I ask is that she has been training to do her out of age level 5 but some question has been raised that she might be ready for in age level 4 this year..so i just wondered if she could enter both.

Only one level per year allowed for official regional levels so no.

depends what competitions - grades more than one level no, but local county competitions, depends on your county. We have girls competing level 3 in county, level 4 out of county, our county is very uncompetetive !

You can only enter one official regional level a year . It is a BG rule. Some invitationals allow you to choose the level you think most suitable, other state they would like you enter the level you compete in your region. Each makes their own rules.

Some team competitions allow you to comPete up a level to make a team without penalty. And without then committing you to that higher level.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back