Off Topic 14th birthday: clothes or gymnastics equipment?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

amblan01

Gymnast
Should I get a mat, beam, and spring board for my birthday? I really need the mat and beam at least. (craigslist not new!)

Or should I ask for money because I really want love pink yoga crop leggings, UA sweatshirt, perfumes, shirts, tanks, Nike shorts, Nike sports bras, Nike compression shorts, athletic gear, and an under armour bag. (stuff like that)

My birthday is in a week. What would you do?

Probably the clothes-- beams and mats generally stop being used after a month, and then they get put back on craigslist. My beam is currently being used as a bench in the basement...

I actually do need a mat though. My coach barely let me onto pre-team because I don't have my kick over and she wants me to practice this stuff at home.

gymnastics=10% talent 90% hard work

What about asking for them to register you in another class each week? Or an open gym pass (good for 10 open gyms or the like) if they have them near you.

You don't need a springboard.

You don't really need a beam. Make a tape line.

You don't really need a mat. Use a small stool or the couch.

More gym time.

Ask for $$ instead.

Don't get a beam. Ours is taking up space and collecting dust in our guest room. Money for more classes is my vote. :)

I won't get a beam it was just an option since beam is my worst event by far. Thanks!

I got a bar for my birthday because it's my worst event, and I use it almost everyday! If you think that you're going to use your beam or mat or whatever you buy often then I think that it's definitely worth it :) Especially if you don't have a lot of time at the gym!

Thanks! Now I'm thinking about that. Because I will have 1 and 1/2 hour a week for pre-team. And I'm supposed to have my backbend kick over before I start in a week. And another hour if I do teen tumbling again. I get maybe 1/2 an hour on beam and I am not doing well. Bars on the other hand is my favorite apparatus. And I have a bar I could use at my old elementary playground they half tore down!

I would ask for clothes. You don't really need a mat for backbend kickovers, just use pillows if you're scared or falling on your back or head. You don't really need a spring board if you have a trampoline you could just use that and for a beam just practice in a straight line imagine the beam i guess or make your own

I'm just going to ask for money. And possibly buy a used mat so I can work on my aerials and FHS. I'll decide later. And use the rest for clothes and shopping!

Hope I don't get my head bit off for this, but have you thought about using your mattress to learn your backbends? Me and my sisters did, and we picked it up fast.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back