3/4 handstand deductions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastjess

I'm from Australia so it would be good if an aussie coach could answer this :)

I have just recently been bumped up to level 2. In level 2 they require a 3/4 handstand. My handstand looks more like a 1/4 handstand or a needle kick with my leg coming about 12 inches off the beam. my 1st leg to leave the beam is straight up straight down its just the 2nd one which doesnt go off very far. I don't have much time to practice i only have 3 or so practices until i have my first and only comp (REC comp-inhouse). we won't have real judges just the REC coaches or the older level 9 girls. But i would love to know the deduction of this?? thanks for your help :)

My memory from when dd competed level two was that the first leg must be to within ten degrees of vertical and that the supporting leg (second leg) must leave the beam. There is a deduction for not reaching within 10 degrees or the second leg not leaving the beam, can't remember the value though sorry.

Congratulations on being promoted to level 2 :):)

My memory from when dd competed level two was that the first leg must be to within ten degrees of vertical and that the supporting leg (second leg) must leave the beam. There is a deduction for not reaching within 10 degrees or the second leg not leaving the beam, can't remember the value though sorry.

Congratulations on being promoted to level 2 :):)

Thankyou :)

DD's coach describes the perfect 3/4 handstand as being like a letter "l" so first leg to vertical, second leg horizontal... but at level 2 we never saw many perfect letter "l" shapes, so try not to stress too much. Good luck.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back