Parents 8 more

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our first one is in Dec and then really gets going in Jan. so far things are looking pretty good. Still working on those giants but that is the last skill and she is so close.

We find out tomorrow night, at the parent meeting, what the schedule is for the upcoming season. My DD will be an optional this year. Exciting!! Most likely her first meet will be early December. She also has yet to get her giant, that's the only thing holding her back from L7, otherwise she'll start as a L6 and work her way from there. Either way, should be a fun season!

Our optionals have a small meet in early November just to get some experience in front of the Judges and then meets pretty much every other weekend from January through state meet. Right now dd is still having fun trying out lots of new skills and it is up in the air what will actually be in her routines.

11 weeks. UGH that's a long time away. The girls don't even find out what level they compete until next week. No doubt there will be a split between 6 & 7 in her training group. I can't imagine not sitting with some of my favorite parents at the meets because the girls have been separated solely on who can do a giant or not.

We find out tomorrow night, at the parent meeting, what the schedule is for the upcoming season. My DD will be an optional this year. Exciting!! Most likely her first meet will be early December. She also has yet to get her giant, that's the only thing holding her back from L7, otherwise she'll start as a L6 and work her way from there. Either way, should be a fun season!
Excited for your DD!
Still waiting on our team meeting/schedule.
Love your Youtube vids by the way.
& I think we are in the same area geographically. :)

Very short meet season this year. First meet is in early December and States are in mid March. Regionals are in late March but that's hardly even on my radar. Right now I'm just hoping that DD is healthy enough to compete at all. It seems like 7 years of no gymnastics injuries has used up all of her good gymnastics karma and it's been one thing after another since spring. But then, she's 12-going-on-13, and from what I've read on CB, that's prime injury age. :(

Very short meet season this year. First meet is in early December and States are in mid March. Regionals are in late March but that's hardly even on my radar. Right now I'm just hoping that DD is healthy enough to compete at all. It seems like 7 years of no gymnastics injuries has used up all of her good gymnastics karma and it's been one thing after another since spring. But then, she's 12-going-on-13, and from what I've read on CB, that's prime injury age. :(
Seems like it! About 11/12 yrs is when my daughter first got injured--and it's been something every year since then (of course it's also when she started level 8--so maybe it's just the harder tumbling/skills that's the cause!)

Our first one is in the beginning of November. I'm excited and ready to get the season underway. We have another one in November and then get a break in December. January-March is when meets really get going and while I am excited for meet season I am dreading traveling and stressing out about bad roads.

Just to add to my previous post, I just found out her session time for the following meet which is the week after is on Saturday. So 2 meets within 7 days means a lot of fun for DD and a lot of tired for me and DW. :)
You know that brings up another question for me..... we don't get our meet times until like the week of the meet.

Drives me insane... and I'm not sure if my gym is slacking off with that or not.

Like the meet we have next weekend... I have no clue still even which day of the week it is one... either Sat or Sun and no clue what time.

Very frustrating

You know that brings up another question for me..... we don't get our meet times until like the week of the meet.

Drives me insane... and I'm not sure if my gym is slacking off with that or not.

Like the meet we have next weekend... I have no clue still even which day of the week it is one... either Sat or Sun and no clue what time.

Very frustrating

It's not your gym. It's just the way it is. 2 weeks notice is good. 10 days is average. 1 week is not unusual. Sometimes, if I'm particularly anxious about when a meet might be (we're trying to plan another event for the same weekend or something) I'll keep my eye on the meet website. I think theoretically teams are supposed to contact the HC's of the participating gyms before the schedule is made public, but they often don't. So by watching the website, I might find out earlier in the day or sometimes even the day before the email comes from the HC, but it's never much earlier.

If the hosting gym has a website, you might want to check on there to see if they've posted meet schedules (but don't, ever, email or call them to ask!). We post our meet schedules online. But usually schedules for smaller meets will come out a 10-14 days ahead of time. Larger meets, like Chicago Style, typically come out earlier (like a month or two in advance).

If the hosting gym has a website, you might want to check on there to see if they've posted meet schedules (but don't, ever, email or call them to ask!).

my most embarrassing gym faux pas (at least that i'm aware of!) our first meet season. i was one of those parents who emailed the host & asked 3-4 days before the meet. we new parents were simply never told about how it works! i still cringe thinking about it, though. :confused:

now i just check the website of the host gym obsessively....

My dds first meet wont be till the end of february next year. :( Long wait considering she has already learnt her full floor routine with 5 months still to go. Were going to watch a comp at the weekend, next year she will be competing not watching. Cant wait :)

Our season is almost finished! Our last District Qualifier is next weekend and then we just have the District Championship and State meets.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back