WAG A great pic from my daughter's last meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't usually post pics, but this one was too good to ignore. In the actual pic that I bought from the meet photographer, you can see the beam. It's about as far from the bottom of this picture as her feet are in the other direction. I cut it out because it has the meet info on it and I prefer to limit information that might identify my little one. It was her best tuck jump EVER and the photographer took the pic at her apex.

IMG_0982_zps47754f1c.jpg

When she saw it, she pointed out that her feet were crossed and her arms were uneven, but she did have "pretty hands". I was thinking, "That's what you see?!? How about the highest jump I've ever seen you do?!?"

Yes, and her knees are up by her tummy and her heels aren't kicking her bottom, which makes it a proper tuck jump :) Very pretty! Isn't it great to see them do things better and better?

Sent from my N860 using ChalkBucket mobile app

great jump! My favorite photos of my dd are her jumps on beam (as you can see by my avitar ;) ). I am always so amazed by how high she jumps on that 4 in piece of wood!

Perfectionism is a disease. :D
Yes, but it's what gymnastics ingrains into our kids,isn't it? That's how they get high scores, by being perfect........ I worry about this going forward with my daughter who is a natural perfectionist. It can be motivating but it can also be paralyzing.

I do, but it is a thumbnail that is obscured and (unless I'm wrong) cannot be viewed with better resolution on this site.

I'm aware of that, bog. I tried to blow the pic up and was comfortable enough that she couldn't be identified. The original pic I was going to use was discarded because it was too clear. Good looking out, though. I appreciate it.

Just a note of precaution to everyone. I discovered this a few years ago, someone here mentioned that it was very easy to find a kid with just a little info. Meet scores, video, make it very easy. Tried it with my own kid. Looked at video I had posted, even without meet name, if you could see what high school it was at, bingo, you have city. Date of video, you have idea, search meet scores, find matching scores and placements and BAM, you have a kid's name and gym. It freaked me out for sure. I bet you could find your kids information in less than 10 minutes just reading old posts, looking up stuff, etc.

We have had people discovered here many times, with bad outcomes, too. Sometimes by gym owner or coaches, fellow gym parents, etc. Be careful.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

And I used to think the Chalk Bucket was so small, and it was back then, but it is huge now. Search most questions on Google and Chalk Bucket forums are on the first page. Not just a small community anymore.

Just a note of precaution to everyone. I discovered this a few years ago, someone here mentioned that it was very easy to find a kid with just a little info. Meet scores, video, make it very easy. Tried it with my own kid. Looked at video I had posted, even without meet name, if you could see what high school it was at, bingo, you have city. Date of video, you have idea, search meet scores, find matching scores and placements and BAM, you have a kid's name and gym. It freaked me out for sure. I bet you could find your kids information in less than 10 minutes just reading old posts, looking up stuff, etc.

We have had people discovered here many times, with bad outcomes, too. Sometimes by gym owner or coaches, fellow gym parents, etc. Be careful.

To spring off of this, the things you post also NEVER GO AWAY.

There's a video of a meet I was at, like, in 1999. Still online. Someone showed it to me (it was a blooper kind of video). I could ID day, time, and the girl bc of leotard & recognizing the high school it was at. Over 10 years later. That is a *long*time*. I'm pretty sure the athlete didn't intend for her warmup flipping into a wall to become lol fodder for a bunch of jerks online for all time. Buuuuuuuuut that is what happened.

Be cautious. Overly cautious. Things don't go away anymore.

aluminum...:)

:) its just a saying from the old school. But I'll be honest, I had know idea it was aluminum. I thought it was a composite of some sort. Aluminum? Really?

Sent from my AT100 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Being able to search meet scores online where they show every detail short of their SSN is actually pretty dangerous for far worse reasons than ID'ing my chalkbucket posts IMO :(. Those of us in the gym world use that info stuff for practical/legitimate reasons like seeing what were up against at future meets, assessing how our kid did even beyond what you see at awards, etc., however, there are a lot of crazies out there... Sometimes I think you should have to have a secure login to see stuff like that - like something you get w/ your USAG registration. A picture doesn't scare me as much as my DDs full name and her gym address being out there like that :(.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back