a little about myself...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi CB,

I have been reading this forum for awhile now but just decided to join. I am a former competitive gymnast and competitive cheerleader. I coached for a few years after quitting gym (due to illness, injuries, and having reached the highest level my small town club could take me) and have just got back into coaching again after an almost ten year hiatus from the sport.

I've loved gymnastics from the first time I saw it on TV as a kid (which I'm thinking would have been Zmeskel in '91) and wanted to be an Olympic Gymnast myself ;)- I took kindergym for one session and remember being angry that the coaches were making us play games when I was there to learn how to be an olympic gymnast! LOL. My mum didn't support my plans for gymnastics greatness though and I didn't get to take gymnastics again until I was 11. I then flourished and joined the competitive team at 13. I was extremely passionate about gymnastics and loved every minute of it. I was living in a small town isolated Canadian town at the time and reached the highest level my club could take me (for Canadians- I competed at the regional level. My club had no provincial gymnasts). My club was small, had no permanent space (we had to set up and take down every practice), no spring floor, and coaches with very limited experience. I went on to do competitive cheerleading which was fun, but I was only in it for the gymnastics content:p! I coached at my small town club from the kindergym kids all the way through to the competitive program.

I am now coaching again at the rec level at a large and well-established club in a big city. I've always followed the sport online (thank goodness for the internet!) but it is great to be back involved again!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back