WAG Advice urgent...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well we are up and getting ready to go. She has kept down a bit of food and slept so a bot weak but ready to try her best!

I will post results later today and thanks again for all the support! You all are the best!!!

Update Meet Report:

Well things did not go great at all for DD as what felt good after a long sleep was short lived once she tried to do anything. We got to the meet and I noticed during warm up the colour that was back in her face was gone again and she just did not seem to be able to get herself tight if that makes sense...UGH!

Her first event was vault and while normally this is one of her best events she had no gas in the tank. Her first warm up run she did not even go onto the vault and really it was like watching a slow motion video. Thank goodness in her level they vault onto mats (timers maybe) so I was not too worried about her getting hurt. Score 12.05

It was almost an hour before they warmed up her next event bars as with our girls being such a small group (4girls) and the other groups being huge as well as two different levels going together the wait seemed like forever to me. I was hoping they were maybe going to scratch her as from what I had seen there was no way she would have the strength to go on. When it came to warm up again no hitting the handstand (I have to admit I was glad to see her not as visions of her collapsing while up there were running through my minds eye) and for the first time ever she whacked her feet on the bar doing her layout flyaway dismount. Routine went the same as warm up including hitting her feet yet again! Score 12.1

Next was to be beam which I was sure would be scratched as now on top of being so obviously out of gas, limping from sore feet and the fact that beam for her is her nemesis. Well it turns out they had her warming up beam and I could not stomach to watch. Her take is that her press to handstand did not count as she did not hold the position long enough and she "stalled" ( she stalls at the best of times so I bet it took her 30 secs to go) in going for her connection. Apparently she did stay on the beam and finish, but she said she really piked her layout dismount. Score 10.6

Last event was floor and I had given up on them scratching so I was just continuing to pray for no injuries. Her warm up showed no height in her passes and she fell on her RO BHS LO1/2 both times. She did her routine without landing on her bum, but I would say her passes looked like they were all going to end up on her butt with no height and no stick! Score 11.45

I was so relieved when things were over that she was still in one piece and I could breathe normal again. She was okay not realizing that her scores were what they were, but happy as she just wanted to sit down. She asked me if I could go get her event shirt as there was a line up and she needed to sit down and did not have enough energy to stand in line herself. After her event we had been signed up to score keep and run for the next event. I tired to get her onto vault as it was right by the score flashers, but no luck as we were sent to the farthest point and the mens high bar. For her and how she was feeling it as the worst, but she did not want to not fulfill her commitment.

In the car once she was alone the tears came on how she felt that she had let people down and how she would have liked to place on something on her first Westerns. I assured her that she should be proud of even showing up and that it was not a reflection on anything other than being sick and it happens to everyone at some point.

There was an athletes dance later that evening so I got her home trying t get her hydrated and to eat. Again she started to feel lousy, but really wanted to go. I left the choice up to her saying she could try and call for me to pick her up, she could rest and go later etc.

She came in the car with her friend that we were having her parents over for dinner while the kids were to be at the dance, but once there in the parking lot she was sick and had to come home. Sad and frustrated she ended up falling asleep and not waking til the morning.

In the end she has come to terms with how she did just more upset that she missed all the fun lunches, dances etc.

Me on the other hand is more concerned that she still has this look when she eats. It is almost like if I eat I will throw up so I don't want to eat. Yesterday again she felt better when she woke up ate a bit of cereal, had a hamburger on the way to mini-put and spaceball for some fun. She was happy and excited as it was also the first nice day we have had here. We get there she made it through mini put, not spaceball and was doing the dry heaving thing and needed to go home to lay down.
This morning I told her no food no gym!!!

She ate her two eggs and her breakfast mild and had some water. Off to school and I have had no calls so I am hoping she is okay, but I did send the teacher a not about her stomach issues so she would be aware. Then my husband phones me from work to say he thinks he now has what Nikki did....think maybe we should hide out elsewhere as I need this bug to die and go away!

Sorry for the bible, but that is it!
Thanks for listening if you made it this far!

Oh the poor little thing. Not as though she has a lot of reserve to draw on either. Totally impressed that she was able to compete and really didn't do badly on the whole. A shame to feel so sick for such an exciting event. Hope she has a good day at school.

Poor kid. (((hugs))) to you both! It's frustrating to be not your best for any meet, but especially for the big ones and especially when there is fun stuff going on that you miss out on too. In the long run of her gymnastics career, this meet will mean nothing, but for now I know she's dissappointed. Hope she is fully recovered soon!

Poor kid :( But, all things considered, she showed a ton of mental toughness as well as an enormous amount of physical strength to muster up performances that not a lot of kiddos would have even attempted. She should be very proud of herself for getting out there, going for everything, and holding herself together like a champ. There will be many more big meets to come for her, and they'll probably all seem a whole heck of a lot easier next to this one!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back