Alpha Factor Open

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Anyone know the difference between pre-level 4 (age 8) and level 5 (age 8)?

The in age level 3 and level 4 should be good competitions today. I'm really interested to see the results and how close anyone can get to Halle Hilton.
I think Level 4 will be the competition to watch today - lots of really strong girls. Level 3 - some great names but lots missing.

I think Ondine won the national compulsory 3 title over Halle didn't she? But she isn't competing today, so Halle is the favourite on paper. There are some other good gymnasts though. Interesting to see how the girls from Cardiff do and GMAC, as they seem to improve as they go up the levels.

We've got a girl doing pre 4 today and in my untrained eye the main difference is the vault. She is doing the comp 4 vault (straight front) onto one crash mat. Most else looks higher end level 5-single flick on beam with cartwheel tuck dismount, roundoff flick tuck and front somi on floor

I think Ondine won the national compulsory 3 title over Halle didn't she? But she isn't competing today, so Halle is the favourite on paper. There are some other good gymnasts though. Interesting to see how the girls from Cardiff do and GMAC, as they seem to improve as they go up the levels.
No Ondine and Halle tied for 1st
Yes there are lots of other strong girls too - they are competing now so wont be long before scores are up

how odd, is it me ? The level 3 10 year olds and the pre-level 4 8 year olds were up, now I can only find the level 3 scores, have the others been removed for a reason or am I going bonkers ?

Lots of children poping up on my FB feed holding certificates this year, are they giving out more ? Any results for Level 5 yet ?

Anyone know the difference between pre-level 4 (age 8) and level 5 (age 8)?

The in age level 3 and level 4 should be good competitions today. I'm really interested to see the results and how close anyone can get to Halle Hilton.

I think on paper the pre 4 is aimed at kids looking to do comp4 next year but actually looking at the entry I think the level 5 in age is just as strong with many compulsory kids in it. And a huge entry. I kind of wish they had been all together.

Oooh I saw that. There are some girls competing level 4 on the start list from London who just competed level 3 voluntaries a couple of weeks ago. One of them will be in the London team for level 3 nationals in November! I suspect there are others I haven't recognised. How can that even be fair? I mean you compete level 3 voluntaries you are level 3 not level 4.

Sorry Jenny....I misread this as being a reference to one of the London HPC's but upon re-reading see that's not what you said at all.

I have no idea whether there is any formal recognition/qualification to be a HPC. I personally regard a gym as a HPC if it has consistently (over many years) had girls who have at the very least "placed" at the British and probably more accurately had girls selected for international/Olympic competitions. I'd say those gyms also usually have girls who are receiving active development from the national coaches. When you sit at the British on finals day you hear the same 7-8 (or so) gyms consistently mentioned. Your average man on the street with a vague interest in gymnastics can probably name most of them. It doesn't mean other gyms can't do amazingly well with a very talented girl or that the HPC can turn an averagely talented girl into Olympic material, although that is of course way off topic.

@Iwannabemargo- they're giving out certificates based on e-score. Bronze silver gold, given out at the apparatus I think.

It's in the information pack....

just wondered if they'd lowered it as there are many more this year, maybe everyone is just so much better ?

Level 5 (all age groups) & Out of Age Levels
Gold Award Silver Award Bronze Award
Vault 0.00 – 0.99 1.00 – 1.19 1.20 – 1.50
Bars 0.00 – 1.79 1.80 – 1.99 2.00 – 2.30
Beam 0.00 – 1.49 1.50 – 1.79 1.80 – 2.10
Floor 0.00 – 1.49 1.50 – 1.79 1.80 – 2.10

@Iwannabemargo- they're giving out certificates based on e-score. Bronze silver gold, given out at the apparatus I think.

It's in the information pack....

They don't do medals for pieces anymore, they give out these mini certificates instead. There does seem to be loads this year.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back