Another Injury Courtesy of Me

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well, considering that the level 7 competition season is in a few weeks, my coach had me practicing back-handsprings on the second highest beam. I had 3 or so spots with a coach, then she told me to try it by myself and she went to spot another person. Almost never missing my hands, I was pretty confident, so I went for it, and then my left hand slipped.
But apparently my legs didn't know that, so I hit my right foot on the beam so hard that it bent my toes back almost all the way. I also got a lovely "beam bite" on my left thigh. I usually wouldn't be so worried, but I couldn't stop crying for a half hour, and I still can't walk on my foot. My big toe, pointer toe, and middle toe all feel completely fine, but my bone connected to my ring toe really hurts. The area over my ring toe and baby toe is all puffy and swollen, and is turning a becoming shade of grey. I can move all of my toes, but the right side of my top foot feels constricted and like there is pressure on top. What is wrong with it? My parents both say it isn't broken, they have experience, and I'm going to see a sports doctor today. But what should I do until then? I've been using crutches, but they're suddenly not fun once you need to use them. Is there anything that I need to do to be back on my feet and in the gym?
Any advice is welcome!!!

~GCG

Get it checked out by a doctor. There is no way to know if it is broken or not without an xray.

Rest, Ice, Compress, Elevate until you can get to tbd doctor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back