Any advice please? (:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey guys, I'm on my highschool gymnastics team for what will be my second year starting next week... I have a problem getting my Back Handspring, I had them last season and I went to do one with spot last season with my coach and she dropped me on my head and I messed up my back really bad, and it still isn't as good as my back was before. But ever since then I won't do my handspring by myself, its like I have mental blockage doing it.. I will do it alone into a pit, but I wont do it on floor not even with a mat on floor...does anyone have any ideas of what I can do? Anything will help. :) Thanks.

Our gym uses a great big circular mat. You also could get there with a nice, big yoga ball. Basically, the object supports you and may help build your confidence. I bet your coach has something that will work for supporting you as you build back up to it. There is a coaching blog that one of the moderators started and he describes how tough it is to do a round off, so if you got that one down, the back handspring should come along. :)

Maybe you can show your coach this pic.

Attachments

• handspring trainer.jpg
    handspring trainer.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 502
I've used those before and I don't even touch them, but when it comes to take those away its as if I have never done a handspring.

Ask your coach if you can try some whip down backhandsprings. Take about 3 folding mats, kick up to a handstand, whip down, and BHS. Maybe this will help :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back