WAG Anyone ever seen a 10.0?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

In those states with inflated scoring, would you say the inflation tends to be uniform overall, so that the distribution of scores is about as wide as in a lower-scoring state but is just moved to the right (so each kid is getting about the same bump), or is the distribution a different shape in the states with score inflation (either wider, so the low-scoring kids are getting less inflation than the high scorers, or narrower, so the lower-scoring kids are getting a bigger boost and the difference between last place and first is smaller)?

I think of routines like this when I think of Colorado's scoring

I remember this one as well. DD had wanted to watch some "10.0" routines on Youtube and we came across this. I would call the wobble after the handstand more than a teensy balance check. And her ears weren't covered when she came up from the handstand nor when she came up from the cartwheel. I'd also say the turn looked a little incomplete as I'm pretty sure the leg needs to be held toe to knee for the entire turn. DD actually looked at me incredulously and said that is not a 10.0 routine? I think her routine is very nice and definitely worth a high score, but the 10.0 is questionable.

I remember this one as well. DD had wanted to watch some "10.0" routines on Youtube and we came across this. I would call the wobble after the handstand more than a teensy balance check. And her ears weren't covered when she came up from the handstand nor when she came up from the cartwheel. I'd also say the turn looked a little incomplete as I'm pretty sure the leg needs to be held toe to knee for the entire turn. DD actually looked at me incredulously and said that is not a 10.0 routine? I think her routine is very nice and definitely worth a high score, but the 10.0 is questionable.
Agreed! My daughter got a 9.875 for the same routine at State in SoCal, and it looked quite different. :)

Maybe the Colorado 10.0 was an AAU meet, not USAG... Do they do AAU in Colorado? No way that got a 10.0 in USAG JO, in any state...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back