Parents Arat_gymnastic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jessikazaar

Proud Parent
Has anyone seen this child on Instagram? I can't quite wrap my head around an 18 month old baby doing backwards walk overs. This baby does them on stone stairs, on kitchen work surfaces. I mean, is it child abuse? Irresponsible parenting? Or have they just got an exceptionally talented baby? I am in shock!

Sorry. I wasn't trying to encourage. I was shocked and concerned and didn't really know what to do with that so thought I'd ask on here.

Link please. This I have got to see...no I won't and don't promote it, but I have got to see it to not believe it, if that makes any sense...

I personally think it's abuse. There is no way that child has a say in whether he does these things or not. And the things they have him doing are dangerous on such a young body.

I watched a couple of videos and had to turn it off, it made me feel sick. The videos I did watch don't look like they were all done in one take to my untrained eye, maybe there is a outside possibility these are staged, I could be wrong though.

i also checked out their you tube and facebook. the videos are really strange and i'm rrrrrreally hoping they're edited. that kids back is in for some serious damage if not. :(

It looks computer generated. There is some editing going on in those. The skin the cat could be real, I've seen other two year olds do it for sure, not saying it's safe in the circumstances set up but that looked less edited. I'm no computer expert but walkover ones have a "stop motion" look to them. An expert could absolutely create that, and some random young person could be sophisticated enough. You can see the stop motion esque "flashing".

Edited or not, they are clearly making that baby do some pretty crazy stuff. Looks abusive to me.

Maybe. The child has really weird proportions if so. Normal toddler does not have enough arm space to clear head really in a bridge position so going back from bending is near impossible. I've seen 3 year olds do it but not 2 year olds. It was hard for me to tell what was going on in those videos. Skin the cat could be possible.

Skin the Cat is when you hold the bar and pull your feet up and through your arms and drop down on the other side.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back