Athletic tape question?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
S

shelbyshoe

Hey guys,
When you apply/use athletic tape, do you leave it on the whole day like during school etc.? or do you only apply and use it during gymnastics or sporting activities?

Thanks!! :)

Oh & what do you apply under the tape so it doesn't hurt when you take it off?

Dd just tapes for practice. And she uses a spongy pre-wrap underneath. We have found the cheapest to by the prewrap is at a girls accessories store called claires (not sure if its nationwide). It comes in all different colors. I think its supposed to be for wrapping your hair but it works great for under tape. Comes in a roll just like an ace bandage

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

and make sure tape comes off at night when you sleep. the body naturally swells a bit when you sleep. you could wake up with a huge problem.:) literally.

DD has used this tape called KT Tape for a wrist problem and it works great. They claim you can leave it on for 2-3 days at a time and take showers with it on, but after trying to keep on longer than just practice, it's starts to get all messed up, pealing back on the ends and things. So now, she just takes it off right after practice

The problem with athletic tape is that it only stays tight for a short amount of time, relatively, which is why a brace is far more useful and cost-effective in the long run. Pre-wrap, smee-wrap. Just wet it down and it comes off easily off, even if you are hairy. Kids complain about this, though.

DD has used this tape called KT Tape for a wrist problem and it works great. They claim you can leave it on for 2-3 days at a time and take showers with it on, but after trying to keep on longer than just practice, it's starts to get all messed up, pealing back on the ends and things. So now, she just takes it off right after practice

KT tape is great. Totally different than standard taping though. This is what we use for The Fellows elbow. They have a website with videos on how to tape for different issues. We have a consultant at our gym that works with the girls on PT type stuff and core strength and landing safety and stuff and he also teaches us how to tape and such, but the website video was pretty spot on.

They have a new product that stays on for over a week, but my dd is having a skin reaction to it so we are back to the less industrial strength stuff. I find that if I clean the area well and wipe it with alcohol before I put it on it will last a couple of days before the corners start pulling up too much.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back