WAG Awesome competition!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymisforeveryone

Coach
Judge
Oh wow we had an awesome day yesterday!

My girls competed in three compulsory levels and they did amazing! In level D my girls got triple victory! I only had three girls in that level and they all placed and got so nice trophies to get home. The girl who placed 1st improved her AA score by over three whole points. I could expect that because she is the hard working kid ever and never misses practices, but she is also a bit shy and always so nervous at competitions. But now she was relaxed and you could totally see the difference in her scores. I think this may be because the pressure sets we have started to include in practice time. This kid only started gymnastics at age 11 and started competing at age 13. And now she won level D at age 15 and is more than ready to move up to level E.

In level C one of my girls got 1st AA also! She is also a late starter, now 13 yo and has been in competitive track only for a year or so. There was over 25 girls in her age group and most of them have done gymnastics for eight years and she has only done it for a few years so I think she did awesome!

At level B one of my girls totally surprised me by doing her hanging chin up pullover for the first time by herself. At last practice I watched her and thought she wasn't even close!! That's such a big skill for her. She isn't tiny little girl for her age and she has more weight to lift up to the bar than the other 8 yo girls usually have.

All of my level B's got their best AA score so far and got the mobility score to move up a level. They are all 8 years old. We will uptrain a lot during the summer and get ready to level C :)

I'm SO proud of them. I think we have done something right with their other coaches.

what a fabulous day - makes it all worthwhile when they have a day like that - well done girls and well done you for getting them so ready xxx

Well done to have so many good results at once. Shows you are doing things right and it is paying off. Great feeling for you and your gymnasts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back