WAG Back Handspring on beam drills

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am working on getting a back handspring on beam, but I need to get it pretty quickly if I want to compete Platinum. Are there any safe, easy drills I can do to work on it at home? I don't have any mats or anything at home.

It depends on what part of the bhs you're having trouble with. Are you struggling on putting your hands together?

Another thing- Do your coaches require a bhs in platinum or do you need a flight skill? If you need a flight skill, you can also work a round-off or a front-handspring.

I just need a flight or series. I've worked both round offs and front handsprings, but I think back handsprings are the easiest. I'm not having trouble, but since I just started it's a little unfamiliar. I want drills to get used to the feeling, or just to perfect the back handspring part.

I just need a flight or series. I've worked both round offs and front handsprings, but I think back handsprings are the easiest. I'm not having trouble, but since I just started it's a little unfamiliar. I want drills to get used to the feeling, or just to perfect the back handspring part.

Sorry, I don't know any home drills. I think it's just a matter of doing it over and over again in the gym. Maybe ask your coach :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back