WAG Bars, Bars, Bars....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymbugbeetle

Coach
Gymnast
I need some tips for bars. For my Level 5 i need my two feet on/squat on and tap-around/baby giant.
With my two feet on, i cast out too much and get my knee's up to my chest but cant get my feet on.
My tap-around i can get good tap swings and then go to tap around, but I can't get myself over, i can get my thighs to hit the bar but can't get over.

I might be able to get some video's but, I have been in the gym for the last two weeks (due to doing my lateral ligament and having exams) and not going wed/thurs as i have camp. I may get a video next thursday.

If anyone has any tips they would be much help! :D

With your squat on lean try looking over the bar. At our gym we also do it with strait legs I find this easier. Not shore about your tap swings! Hope it helps :)

Practice your squat on on the balance beam... You can cast and work on it... it has helped quite a few girls in our gym.

I make some of my girls do squat ons on pommels. They don't have to get it quite at high but still get the "bar" feeling a little bit. Pommels are also great for the level 3 leg shoot and especially the leg cut.

That is the first time i've heard of doing it on the beam. I'll give it a go tomorrow.
Thanks everyone. I'll giveverything a try at gymnastics :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back