bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

ek2

In level 7 will the gymnast get better scores doing the clear-hip to hs on the high bar with two giants or will the score be the same if she does the clear hip on the low bar?

dd's coach wants her bar routine to be:
kip, straddle cast hs, pike on to high bar, kip, straddle cast hs, clear-hip hs giant, giant (or possibly only one giant) flyaway.

The start value would be the same either way (assuming you mean clear-hip on the low bar, kip, squat on, kip, handstand, giant (maybe x2), flyaway).

Doing the clear-hip on the HB does minimize the possibility of execution deductions by eliminating the additional LB kip, which sometimes can be a killer with bent legs, tapping the mat, etc. Neither routine is guaranteed to "score better", as long as the Start Values are the same, in L7 which routine scores better will come down to which routine is cleaner. Remember - there are no composition deductions in L7, only SV & Execution.

Thanks!
I think because she has some "feet issues(flexing on or both feet etc.)" her coach feels that doing fewer skills will be less deductions. However her cl-hip on the low bar looks much better...

I believe the CHHS-giant-giant on HB is a more advanced series. It doesn't occur much at L7. If she can execute the CH equally well, then go for the HB. But, I would learn both just in case.

I believe the CHHS-giant-giant on HB is a more advanced series. It doesn't occur much at L7. If she can execute the CH equally well, then go for the HB. But, I would learn both just in case.

It may not be super common, but I expect many of the routines that will place in the top 3 at L7 states here will have this combination. From a progression standpoint, the soon they can do this (relatively basic, if they intend to continue) combination, the better.

I've seen this routine a lot when I competed level 7, and they did tend to get good scores.
Not because of the routine, but because if they can do that routine (which is not easy), they have fewer skills which means fewer deductions. They also hit their handstands on everything very well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back