MAG Canadian MAG

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
D

Deleted member 10727

We are flirting, and not seriously thinking about it because my kids are super happy at their current gym, of moving to Canada where my husband is from. However, I am not sure how MAG works in Canada. Do they have booster clubs? Do they have college teams? Do Canadians do well at supporting the male side of the sport (hopefully more so than the US does)?

We are looking (not seriously) at moving to BC. I found a few gyms with boys teams, but I have no idea how good they are, and my level 6 kid is very serious about this sport.

My son is just starting out and so my knowledge of higher level MAG is limited. But I was watching Worlds today and wishing that Canadian gymnastics was at the level of US gymnastics...

BC has some amazing gyms. Twisters (Abbotsford) just sent 3 MAG athletes to Worlds. Flicka (North Vancouver) also has a top national competitor and Surrey Gymnastics, Delta Gymnastics, and Vancouver (Phoenix Gymnastics) have high level MAG teams as well. Where in BC are you considering?

Canada is amazing in many, many ways! And, in my area, the coaching and gyms and dedication to the athletes and the sport are incredible. But US gymnastics is the clear winner on a world stage.

We were looking around Abbotsford, but it looks like the US would be the place to be, should my sons continue loving this sport and wanting to be in it to compete.

Abbotsford would be a great place for your gymnasts. So if you want to move for a few years, or for reasons other than gymnastics, you could be confident that their gym educations would not suffer.

That is good to know. Most likely it would not happen, but good to know in case...

You could drop in while you are visiting your husband's family and see some Canadian gymnastics in action :D

My husband's family lives in AB. It would be a jaunt, but that is a good idea.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back