WAG Changing my USAG Membership Name

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 17723

Hi everyone :) This is my first year competing USAG, so we just did memberships. My full name, something I neverrr go by, is the name my coach put down. Is there a way to email USAG or change my name to my nickname?
Thanks.

Does it matter? :). I don't mean that in a flippant way at all, but is it really crucial if the program lists you as "Margaret" as opposed to the "Peggy" everyone knows you by (and WHY that is a nickname for Margaret I will never know....) ?? I get that it's not your chosen, preferred name. Trust me, I know, long story. ;) Both my kids go by their nicknames but for anything official, it is their full name that is used. That's OK, their teammates would never call them "Margaret" even though that is what is listed. It's just paperwork. :)

Does it matter? :). I don't mean that in a flippant way at all, but is it really crucial if the program lists you as "Margaret" as opposed to the "Peggy" everyone knows you by (and WHY that is a nickname for Margaret I will never know....) ?? I get that it's not your chosen, preferred name. Trust me, I know, long story. ;) Both my kids go by their nicknames but for anything official, it is their full name that is used. That's OK, their teammates would never call them "Margaret" even though that is what is listed. It's just paperwork. :)
Yep my girl too. Her official name is on her USAG card (and every other official doc there is) But she always goes by her nickname, including at meets, as long as she is the person competeing on that USAG number it's not been a problem.

It get it...Puma Jr hates her full name, but it is what's on the paperwork. Even my full name, though it like it, is too formal for me to go by and it seems odd when people call me it. I say if it bugs you, go for it! Ask the gym to call. (And yes! What is up with Margaret and Peggy?! Lol!)

Margaret-->Maggie-->Meg-->Peg-->Peggy

One of my children goes by their nickname for USAG, so it's possible. If your nickname were something like Daisy (another nickname for Margaret), I can see how you might want to avoid some very real confusion, but everyone can probably guess that Alex is short for Alexandra.

Your call really, but both can be done without much trouble.

I care a lot... I know it seems stupid but I have never gone by my real name after about the age of... 3. On USAG it says: Name as one and then Nickname as another... which do they announce at awards. Like, "In third place, with a 9.5, is it nickname or name?

I feel that it is up to the person from your gym who does the registration for your meets. We have several girls who have never ever been called by their real name at a meet. I can't imagine they wouldn't be able to use your preferred name.

I care a lot... I know it seems stupid but I have never gone by my real name after about the age of... 3. On USAG it says: Name as one and then Nickname as another... which do they announce at awards. Like, "In third place, with a 9.5, is it nickname or name?
They use whatever name the coach puts on your meet registration.

Again my girls formal name on the card. At meets its her nickname.

What's on the card will not necessarily be what's used at meets. My YDDs name is correct on her usag membership but is written (and announced wrong) at almost every meet. The few times it's been correct, it's been her nickname and not her formal name which has been used.

With more and more clubs using the electronic entry system provided by USAG and importing the entered athletes as opposed to entering them by hand from a club-created/provided registration form, the scoring system will use what is in the USAG system. Even if a club doesn't use the USAG system, I still import the club's athlete roster into ProScore and then just delete the athletes that the club chooses not to enter. I do not enter data from the registration form. It saves hours and many, many keystrokes. Bottomline - make sure the USAG system has things the way you want to see it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back