Parents Coaches are gone

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nettyinpa

Well, a few short weeks ago we had 2 new coaches come in. A husband and wife team that had put together their own gym somewhere down south, got it up and running, had teams on all levels, state champs, etc. Well, they're gone!! I don't know the whole story but things were rough from the very beginning. The wanted to make all kinds of changes, which they did and the parents and girls were all very excited about it all. Until some negative things started being said and it just started snowballing from there. Of course there are 2 sides to every story but I have yet to figure out which side I believe. So now, we're down 2 coaches, again!! And 2 days before our home meet. Nice, huh?

What a pain, and bad timing to boot. :(
Hope your gym finds some coaches that work out - and quick.

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly negativity can snowball out of control. I wish it were the other way around - that positive vibes rolled over the Negative Nancies squashing them into oblivion. Wishful thinking:rolleyes:

Good luck, remain calm. Focus on what you can control - which is mostly your own reactions/attitudes.

Wow Netty that is terrible timing. I am often amazed how quickly things can fall apart. Hopefully they are replaced quickly.

They weren't from NJ by any chance were they? Were they Russian? That stinks, sounds like they are not to sure what they are doing. It's a shame they didn't think about the girls first, maybe that is why they don't have their own gym anymore!

Something just doesn't seem right here. This husband and wife come to your gym after supposedly running a successful program in another state, get everyone excited about their plans for your gym then suddenly it all goes wrong and they leave.

Very sorry for the kids and parents since good qualified coaches aren't that easy to find.

What a bummer. Coaching changes can be hard under the best of circumstances, but like this I am sure everyone's heads are spinning.

Wishing you luck with the situation :)

We had a similar issue @ J's gym this summer. Coaches were let go, new coach came in, made changes, had plans and then poof, less than a month before competition, He was gone. In our case it led to a great husband/wife combo coming to the gym. I will hope for the same outcome for you Netty. The timing stinks, hope the girls aren't too affected and can focus.

They weren't from NJ by any chance were they? Were they Russian? That stinks, sounds like they are not to sure what they are doing. It's a shame they didn't think about the girls first, maybe that is why they don't have their own gym anymore!

No, I think they came from North Carolina or Florida?? And no, they weren't Russian. The owners sent all the parents an e-mail explaining things: "their ability to coach the optional levels was overstated. The initial plan was for X to train the optional girls while Y would coach the Devo’s, Level 3 & 4 as well as help us to cultivate more team members from the class ranks. We would have liked to have kept Y on to do just that but X simply does not have the experience to coach the optional girls and since they will only come as a pair we were left with no option but to release them from their duties." I wonder if they padded their resume a little bit, making themselves sound better then they were. :confused: Who knows. I feel kind of bad, though, because they uprooted their whole family to move up here.

Tough timing, but disgruntled coaches could have poisoned the meet too. Seems like everyone gets hurt in these situations but I hope it all works out well for you and dd. Good luck in the meet!

So sorry to hear about the upheaval at your gym. Although it might be better for the girls that it happened now instead of mid-season. Hopefully, they will be able to find replacements quickly!

Wow Netty. So sorry to hear that. Sounds so similar to their firing of a certain Coach several years ago. Did the optionals coach seem unqualified to you? I wonder if that letter is the real story.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back