Covergirl Classics? Session Length? What to expect?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi Everyone!

Hopefully I have just a simple question for all of you! I've tried to search online, but after little success, I thought I'd ask the brilliant minds here.

I was wondering if any of you have ever attended the Covergirl Classics? I got my DD tix for the meet in July, and was trying to plan the remainder of our trip. Is it possible to estimate how long each of Saturday's sessions will last? Should we plan on 2 hours? 4 hours? Please help as I'm absolutely clueless. Clueless, but very excited (DD just turned 7, and while she's a gymmie, she's also a big fan).

Also, I have a bonus question, is there a way to find out which gymnasts might be there? How does the qualifying system work? Can we expect anyone "recognizable" to be there? If not, it's fine as we're certainly not expecting it, but it would be a nice "surprise" for DD.

As you may be able to tell, I know very little about the "elite world" myself. :)

Thanks for your time!

1. 4 hours approx. and you have both juniors and seniors in 2 different sessions. those session times are not out today. maybe next week and should be able to find them at the USAG site.

2. bonus answer- yes, there will be gymnasts there that your daughter will know. that list might be out next week also. USAG has just completed the final registration process. it will be public when they make it public.

if somehow i get it in advance i will post it up for you.:) also, the 1st (american) classic is the july 1st week end. there will probably be girls that qualify out of there also. some may compete only at championships. but some may do both classic and championships.

Thank you so much, dunno! Those are some long sessions. ;)

If you happen to think of it, and receive it before it's public, I'd love to see the listing.

Thanks again!

I was wondering if any of you have ever attended the Covergirl Classics?

Went last year with a gym friend and our 4 gymnast daughters. We went the entire day. It was a lot of fun, we saw a lot of great gymnastics, and there were a lot of recognizable gymnasts. It is long, but most people don't get to see this level of gymnastics in person ever, so it's very exciting!

Dunno - any sign of a list of athletes competing in the Jr & Sr sessions?

Senior International Roster:

Qualified to Championships (22):
Rebecca Bross, Woga
Bridgey Caquatto, Legacy Elite
Mackenzie Caquatto, Legacy Elite
Chelsea Davis, Texas Dreams
Gabby Douglas, Chow's
Jessie Howe, Woga
Brandie Jay, GK
Amanda Jetter, CGA
Mattie Larson, AOGC
Sophia Lee, Woga - bars, beam, vault
Anna Li, Legacy Elite - bars, beam
McKayla Maroney, AOGC
Casey McGee, Capital (TX) - vault, beam, fx
Grace McLaughlin, Woga
Hallie Mossett, West Coast Elite
Aly Raisman, Brestyan's
Alicia Sacramone, Brestyan's
Bridget Sloan, Sharp's
Morgan Smith, Brandy Johnson's
Sabrina Vega, Dynamic
Jordyn Wieber, Geddart's Twisters
McKenzie Wofford, Zenith

National Team Members who probably qualified at camp? (1):
Shawn Johnson, Chow's

Qualified to Covergirl Classic (12):
Lauren Beers, Southern Tier
Claire Boyce, Texas Dreams
Briley Casanova, Woga
Rheagan Courville, Gymnasiana
Sophina DeJesus, SCEGA
Jessie DeZiel, Twin City
Pua Hall, KGDC
Jackie McCartin, West Coast Elite
Chellsie Memmel, M&M (petition)
Samantha Shapiro, AOGC
Aja-Monet Simms, Brandy Johnson's (compulsory score?)
Vanessa Zamarripa, UCLA

Juniors Qualifying to Classics:
Kiana Winston, Texas Dreams
Amanda Huang, Northwind
Alexandra Marks, Dynamo
Alonza Klopfer, North Stars

Qualified to Covergirl Classic but presumably not competing (4):
Talia Chiarelli - Canada
Kaitlyn Clark (Alabama, Level10)
Georgia Dabritz, Ace (Utah, Level 10)
Kytra Hunter, Hill's (Florida)
Cassandra Whitcomb (UCLA)

Junior International Roster Qualified to US Championships (24):
Simone Biles, Bannon's
Mackenzie Brannan, Capital (TX)
Brianna Brown, CGA
Maddie Desch, Gage
Peyton Ernst, Texas Dreams
Ericha Fassbender, Star
Sarah Finnegan, Gage
Ariana Guerra, Star
Amelia Hundley, CGA
Bailie Key, Texas Dreams
Madison Kocian, WOGA
Lauren Marinez, Orlando Metro
Mary Dare Maxwell, Texas Dreams
Abby Milliet, Denton
Maggie Nichols, Twin City
Katelyn Ohashi, WOGA
Samantha Partyka, Champion
Ebee Price, Parkettes
Lexie Priessman, CGA
Kyla Ross, Gymmax
Polina Schennikova, Tiger
Mykayla Skinner, Desert Lights
Meredith Sylvia, Parkettes
Macy Toronjo, Texas Dreams

Juniors Qualified to the Covergirl Classic (19):
Alyssa Baumann, Woga
Desi Borgese, Airborne
Nia Dennis, Buckeye
Stefani Catour, Desert Lights
Nichelle Christopherson, Byer's
Ashley Foss, Northwind
Claire Hammen, GK
Laurie Hernandez, Monmouth
Amanda Huang, Northwind
Nica Hults, Texas Dreams
Alonza Klopfer, Northwind
Lizzy Leduc, Woga
Nichole Lehrmann, Capital (TX)
Alexandra Marks, Dynamo
Shannon McNatt, Star
Ashley Szafranski, Parkettes
Jordan Stavrou, Infinite Bounds
Grace Williams, Geddert's Twisters
Kiana Winston, Texas Dreams

THANKS Dunno!!!

Do all of the girls who've qualified to Championships usually compete the Cover Girl Classic? Or will they choose to not compete the CG in favor of training time for the Championships?

they can compete both. who knows what everyone is going to do though. check the USAG site approx 4 days before. if there is nothing posted, come back and ask me.

Thanks Dunno! As always, you are a great help and source of information :).

Thank you so much for all of the information. My DD will be excited about Memmel if she really competes - we're WI girls, and a former teammate of DD's is at M&M, so it'll seem "real" to her. :)

Challenge

Pre Elite: Drapkin, Klopfer, Howlett

Hopes: Douneva, Masiado, Vallejo, Spengler, Paulson, Doggette, Pottenger, Swartzentruber, Skaggs, Kaufman, Navarro, Stephenson

Does anyone know anything about Nastia making a comeback. I thought I heard she was at some point or another. But maybe not. I haven't heard anything since then.

I'm super proud of Alicia and Shawn for doing so!!

Also, does anyone know if I can watch the Covergirl Classic online at all. I don't think I receive the channel it's being played on TV.

Does anyone know anything about Nastia making a comeback. I thought I heard she was at some point or another. But maybe not. I haven't heard anything since then.I'm super proud of Alicia and Shawn for doing so!!Also, does anyone know if I can watch the Covergirl Classic online at all. I don't think I receive the channel it's being played on TV.
Check out universal sports. They usually also live stream but you probably have to pay for it

Anyone going to this this weekend? I'm thinking of using some last minute FF miles and going up on Saturday...We'd stay for both sessions and head home monday.

Does anyone know anything about Nastia making a comeback. I thought I heard she was at some point or another. But maybe not. I haven't heard anything since then.

I'm super proud of Alicia and Shawn for doing so!!

Also, does anyone know if I can watch the Covergirl Classic online at all. I don't think I receive the channel it's being played on TV.

Universal Sports will have a free on line feed of the seniors only.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back