Parents Cut/create floor music

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
Hello! My daughter is creating a new routine for Oxford this year and wants to use a particular song- Everlong by The Foo Fighters- but it doesn’t seem to be on any of the gym music sites. Does anyone cut music or know how and can give some guidance?

Thank you!

I do not know how to cut music nor would I know where to even begin, but I bet someone at the college in the music department could help.

Does the original version have enough material without vocals that something could be cut from that? Or would you need a karaoke version?

For basic cutting, there's a free program called Audacity that will do everything you need it to do, and the learning curve isn't too steep.

Hello! My daughter is creating a new routine for Oxford this year and wants to use a particular song- Everlong by The Foo Fighters- but it doesn’t seem to be on any of the gym music sites. Does anyone cut music or know how and can give some guidance?

Thank you!

I spend a bit of time with the OU Gym club. There are a number of people who will be happy to help her cut her music and/or find versions without lyrics. I use Audacity for editing when I need to cut tracks. Though I'm not an expert I'm sure we can put something together that she will be happy with. I'll have a look see if I can find anything ready made.

Look forward to seeing her new routine.

I spend a bit of time with the OU Gym club. There are a number of people who will be happy to help her cut her music and/or find versions without lyrics. I use Audacity for editing when I need to cut tracks. Though I'm not an expert I'm sure we can put something together that she will be happy with. I'll have a look see if I can find anything ready made.

Look forward to seeing her new routine.
I’m switching over to cutting music for NCAA from the regular developmental usag program and was curious about copywriting laws. I’ve heard if it plays in the arena then there’s no need for copywriting fees bc of a thing called “Blanket License “ which covers any music played over the sound system that is heard throughout the arena. It’s playing in the background as well and it’s not just used by itself. In your experience is this true?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back