Dani's 1st MDL Level A Meet Report 12/6/09

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

How much fun was that??!! She looked like she was having a blast out there, and she really is crazy flexible. I wish we had a league like that here in Fla., my dd would love it. I bet her scores just go up, up, up from here on out! Congrats!

Great job Dani! Whoever choreographed her routines really knows her! And now Dani can just show them off! They will become more and more part of her.

what a determined young lady she is and that vault ...so determined that I know she is going to get her ROBHS with no spot before you know it!

She looked like she was having alot of fun. Routines were really cute alot different from the compulsaries level 5 probally alot more fun for the girls. Does she have to have the RBHS in the routine or can she substitue another skill? It must be frustrating for both of you if she could just go for it I am sure she would get it. My daughter had trouble getting her ROBHS she was 7 but once she got it she had it. I am curious of what her coaches are doing to help her get this.

YEAH! Ist meet over with and I saw so much wonderful stuff in her routines. She's tha bomb on beam! That was a great beam routine and she looks so comfortable up there. Loved the dismount too! I agree her flexability is killer and whoever did her choreography really did a nice job placing the flocus on that, even in her floor. Floor was adorable, fun and flirty. After she does it a little more and gets that ROBHS she will own that routine you can tell! I am sure she probably has to have certain skills in her routine but is there anything else that she can use instead of that until she gets it? Maybe a front HS into a front tuck? Looks like she has no problems going forwards like FHS. My DD took a little bit to get that ROBHS. Can't tell you how long I agonized over it and wondered if she would ever do it right...she's fine now and doing two or more and even does it with a back tuck. Don't worry, it will come and they will be perfect!

Bars looked good too, those scores will come up during the season too. Vault, well, poor thing hurt herself, hope she feels better and she's such a trooper for finishing up!!!

Pandagirlsmom and Blackie--I do believe a backward tumbling pass is required in the Level A floor routine. I did see some girls and one of Dani's teammates do a ROBHS back tuck for the pass and that was legal. I am not sure if a RO back tuck is a legal pass or not. The BHS might still be a requirement. Believe it or not Dani feels more comfortable with the ROBT than the ROBHS. I will have to research that.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back