Deductions?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

what are the deductions for elite gymnastics? if anyone knows the amount of points taken off for these, and other deductions, please let me know! thanks :)

falling during a skill-
falling off the apparatus-
stepping outside the floor border-
losing balance on the beam, and leaning side to side, trying to regain balance (almost falling)-
hopping during a landing (like on vault)-
not sticking it-
any other deductions you can think of, that are common... :)

There's no deduction for not doing a skill you were set to do. They judge what's shown. If skills weren't connected, they'd lose the connection value off the A score (so like .1 to .2).

Requirements are also in the A score. The max is 2.5 and there are five groups so missing one would be missing the potential .5 in the A score.

I'm pretty sure out of bounds is still .1. Assuming you land in bounds but step out with one foot. Jumping out of bounds with two feet is .3 and actually landing out of bounds (i.e. the feet never were in bounds when the element was completed) is .5. Also would not count for value.

Falls are .8. Not sure what you mean by falls during a skill.

Wobbling depends on the extent of the wobble. Probably .1 to .3 depending. If it's really bad might be .5.

Landing deductions depend on the extent of the step or hop. This is the same as "not sticking it." it's .1 if it's small (less than about shoulder width), .3 if it's bigger. There's also a stick bonus.

Gymdog, falls are 1.0 now. I have not heard about the stick bonus, just that girls are now required to stick passes, no lunging out (.3 step deduction).

If you ran for a skill and bailed you would loose .3 (this is new)

General code Code part 1.jpg
General code Code part 2.jpg
Vault specific Code vault.jpg
Bar specific Code bars.jpg

Attachments

• Artisty beam.jpg
    Artisty beam.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 109
Gymdog, falls are 1.0 now. I have not heard about the stick bonus

I don't know if WAG has it. Maybe it's just the modified FIG codes that the JO program for boys in the US uses, although I thought MAG had it too.

I heard about falls being 1.0, I didn't realize that had started, the JO girls and women's NCAA in the US still uses the .5. That must be hard for the junior programs in other countries that use FIG rules.

We use FIG scoring for all levels in Canada. That means from about L3 up. With difficulties on the base routines being 3.0, we are seeing some very ugly scores with the 1.0 for a fall.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back