Do they give you a score at a mock meet ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have a mock meet in three days and i was just wondering if
any body knew if they give you a score when you are showing them
your routines
any advice ?

Depends on the gym. Some will have coaches or judges sitting and doing formal scoring, others will just give you a range such as the routine would score 8.3-8.6 for example. For lower levels you might even have girls from one of the optional team acting as "judges."

It depends on the gym, but often time they will tell you what you should fix instead of giving you a number. For example, they might say your score will improve if you keep your legs tight, or they mights say you would not fall if you kept your hands by your ears.

It will depend on what your gym does. All the Mock meets my DD was part of they did.
but it usually wasn't the way they do it at a real meet. the gymnast does the routine and then the judge tells the gymnast the score and where deductions were taken, then also makes suggestions to get less deductions. Gymnasts take notes.

A lot of gyms hire actual judges to judge their girls...At our gym they ask the judges to judge very hard, in other words if it can be a deduction between .1 - .3...they tell the judges to go with the .3...usually they get 8's...but when they go to an actual meet, they score 9's....seems to work.

Our gym must be much more low key about mock meets. When DD was level 3 (our first competitive level) the girls had a mock meet to get ready for their first competition. The girls wore their competition leo and hair. Parents were invited to watch, and we had "judges" sit in the chairs at tables and pretend to take scores. It was really more for the girls to get a feel for what a meet was like and to get over some of the nerves associated with the first competition and "performing" in front of a crowd.

No real scoring was given, and everyone did a "good job". Maybe it depends upon the purpose of the mock meet - preparing those girls who have never competed or helping higher level girls know how to score well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back