Do you think Gymnastics highers your grades?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
For all of you pointing out this girl's poor grammar, I'd like to politely remind you that English might not be her native language. As a former English teacher, that was my impression anyway. Her incorrect usage of prepositions, in my opinion, suggested someone less familiar with the idiomatic and subtle differences between them. But, I could be wrong, maybe English is her native language. Though I notice she has not chimed in since her first post, which suggests to me maybe she's too embarrassed to write again.

Just saying.

Such reactions are hardly ever due to one particular post but usually due to a pattern of posts with bad grammar/spelling/teenspeak.
That said, feel free to correct my English, too. It's not my native language either.

I don't think anyone means to make her feel bad. As I pointed out in my last post in this thread, I do the same thing to my own kids when they misuse the language. I don't get the impression that English is her second language, but I wouldn't be surprised if she is significantly younger than the 12 or 13 years she claims.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back