Parents Doc Ali: the shrink is in!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My girl has learned all about her monkey mind/tiger mind from seeing you at TOPs camp. You're a treasure for our little gymmies!

Doc Ali, I was wondering if your program could be helpful to other "sports" as well. I have a 13 yo, Type A perfectionist dancer who gets easily frustrated with herself and looses emotional control (cries) and I'm looking for ways to help her help herself cope and control. I'm looking at the "train your mind" cd.
Thank you!

hi there! the first two tracks especially would work. the other two she might need to change some of the wording. web camp would be great for her though! she could try that for free for two weeks and see what she thinks. here is that code. www.headgameswebcamp.com/2weeks

a couple of privates could be an option too. let me know. i think she could nip that in the bud easily!

Hi there! I’m Doc Ali the mental toughness coach the USAG since 1997. I’m brand new to Chalk Bucket but happy to help in any way I can. Feel free to ask questions or to tag me in a question that I could have some insight on. Questions about fear, competition, coaching, parenting, perfectionism, quitting, gym policies are always welcome. So glad to be a part of this forum and to help if I can! I appreciate all you do!

Plus, i'm the proud parent of a two year old, so I might need your help too!!! :)
Hi there! I’m Doc Ali the mental toughness coach the USAG since 1997. I’m brand new to Chalk Bucket but happy to help in any way I can. Feel free to ask questions or to tag me in a question that I could have some insight on. Questions about fear, competition, coaching, parenting, perfectionism, quitting, gym policies are always welcome. So glad to be a part of this forum and to help if I can! I appreciate all you do!

Plus, i'm the proud parent of a two year old, so I might need your help too!!! :)
Hey Doc Ali, my DD just started your web camps last night. She seemed relieved and happy afterwards so Thank You! Question:my daughter is a level 8 gymnast and for the past year consistently casts over on her cast hand before her clear hip hand. She crys after practice and it seems to be getting worse. Her coach kicks her off and tells her to rotate when she misses it. I have tried to help by saying she will get it, I have said it will be ok, I have looked for help for her online. I know I don't want to be her coach and should not try to be but I just want to help her. Her coach, she says is beating her down. I talked to him and he said to both of of us that we shouldn't talk about it. I don't want to but she is very talented and has only been in the sport 3 years and now cries after practice rather than smiling. She recently said she wanted to quit over it. I told her I was ok with that decision but I asked if she wanted to quit because of bars or because she didn't like it anymore and she said Bars. She has gone back to practice but it is not getting better for her. what do I do?

Hi Doc Ali - I'm copying-pasting on a thread I just started...as I just saw your thread and would like your advice on this... :) Anyway....here it is....My DD (almost 8) started gym in Feb. of this yr. and was invited to join one of their team dev. classes shortly after and just recently moved up to Pre-Team. She LOVES gymnastics and has tons of crazy energy. She usually picks up skills pretty quick. But, right now is STRUGGLING with her handstand on the medium ht. beam. She can do it well on the floor and Ok on the low beam. But, on the med. height beam - she does not even lift her back leg off the beam! I feel bad watching her struggle...and know she can do it. I (gently) asked her about it - yesterday - and she said she's scared she will fall. I just told her that's ok and I'm proud of her...(as I really am). But, in the meantime, am not sure how to help her. Her coaches really are wonderful...and honestly I think she couldn't have asked for better coaches...I'm just wondering if there's anything I could do to help her - I know it bothers her that the other girls can do this...but she's struggling. Any advice?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back