Parents don't laugh - what's a "troll"?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

You would be surprised what we have had on here !

TBH a good trolling can be quite amusing to some of the old lags on here, but most often posts like I made up come from clueless CGM/CGD's.

They go one of two ways, you have the gold star reaction, I did not know, thanks for the advice, we shall learn and stick around.

Others argue they are right, we are all wrong and their princess is the second coming, and generally flounce off in a huff. They are fun, and invariably if you look up the prince/princess on MMS or other such they are no longer in the sport.

OR, a 3rd option, leave the forum bc the 3 year olds back handsprings are absolutely not safe and the wonderful (& knowledgeable) members advised the parent as such, but the parent finds their way back a few years later, under a different name, much wiser and a little more seasoned, & willing to swallow his/her pride bc lets be honest, no one else understands, except fellow gym parents!!! True story! Hahaha!

Is anyone else offended as I am on the word troll? It seems like a form of labeling to me. Which is offensive.

#sarcasm. Lol

Basically when a troll arises don't feed them. Key to life being simple on message boards.

Although I would state that just because someone doesn't agree with a post doesn't mean there trolling.

Its the long term trolls are more disturbing, the ones people thought they were having real private conversations with too, and it was all just a big story. Bri? Then the full on crazy one who I will not even mention the name.

Agreed, we have had a few very scary ones.

Wow. Thanks, everyone! Think I got it now! I think for a while I was confusing the term troll for lurker (which I def was for a while, mostly due to my lack of knowledge!)

I was confusing the term troll for lurker (which I def was for a while, mostly due to my lack of knowledge!)

That hasn't stopped me ;) :confused:

To me the word lurker feels like it has a negative connotation, like someone hanging outside a locker room but I agree that seems not to have the same meaning online. In introductions several people have said that they have lurked here first. I guess it depends on intention.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/lurker

Last edited:
That hasn't stopped me ;) :confused:

To me the word lurker feels like it has a negative connotation, like someone hanging outside a locker room but I agree that seems not to have the same meaning online. In introductions several people have said that they have lurked here first. I guess it depends on intention.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/lurker
"Following the conversations" has a so much better ring to it and is more honest than lurking.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back