WAG Elite Gym Contracts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wow! I dunno who this dunno is but it is a sad testimony let this guy insinuate that the AAU, then the USGF, followed by USA Gymnastics has evolved to have no standards to which they hold students, and officials, and coaches to live up to. I was there in the 70's advocating the idea of safety certification, stretch books, conditioning books, and all kinds of literature that would add more depth to the academics of gymnastics which was lacking. I even advocated that authors write living biographies of gymnastics personages in order to preserve a record of all the hard work being sacrificed by so many top level officials, and coaches who were changing and improving the way business was run. I was also for private school organizations and coaches organizations such as elite coaches organizations. Everyone thought I was crazy. I advocated that we develop a formal school atmosphere where the teaching of gymnastics principles went beyond the state meetings and annual congress. They thought I was crazy for suggesting that there ought to be colleges dedicated to a core curriculum of gymnastics. Colleges centered around a gymnastics based sports program yet you would also receive a well rounded education and degrees related to specialized expertise in gymnastics. Yes, a gymnastics college. Only now is the governing body actually implementing the concept of formal schooling based on standards dunno implies do not exist. I dunno how and why dunno would come into this thread and insinuate that the history of gymnastics and it present day status under the auspices of the existing governing body is a barnyard free-for-all. It is certainly not the case. If the moderators wish to extricate me for speaking in favor of progress and the history of progress then so be it. It would prove that kind kindles kind. Contracts are in many cases an attempt to control gym hopping or early withdrawal. I acknowledge that gym hopping exists and that it is a pernicious problem. I have offered tangible ideas which might help remedy the situation. The wrong thing to do is pretend that it will go away. If it happens to your gym then according to the consensus in this thread you will need to improve your program, improve your coaching, and retrain your employees so that students and staff will not even think of leaving if you can believe this nonsense. Gym hopping happens to the best of gyms at the highest levels. So much for that theory. I dunno why dunno used my reference to the non-existent governing body which does not exist to make his false accusation. I was talking about the governing body which does exist. However, I advocate that we should initiate and develop another governing body to work in conjunction with the existing governing body. Maybe dunno doesn't understand what he reads? Hey dunno, there is no governing body that regulates gym membership to control gym hopping. If anyone should be extricated it's someone like dunno who misquotes someone and then uses that quote to make up a false testimony with immature language such as Hopium. Until now I was not picking on anyone but this tort against me is personal by dunno and a few others who are in my opinion shortsighted. I was not addressing anyone or picking on anyone. I was simply stating my ideas and opinions and truth as I understand it. I did not get personal with anyone until now since they started it. Hopium? Are you 10? 13 at the most.

I can hardly even read what you write because you do not appear to get that paragraphs exist. Please use them in future.

@Jimbound Are you Stretchsportsguy, Tripstwister etc etc?

Because you sure share the same way with words. If you are then you know you made a deal with JBS that you would go away.

Hello bogwoppit.

Thank you for the suggestion about making use of paragraphs. I will take you up on that. However, yes I remember my agreement with JBS. There was a hint back at that time that perhaps one day I could return to the forum in a forgiving manner. Until then I would have to stay away until I was no longer banned. It's been years. So I took a poke at it now and lo and behold there was no more ban on my IP or computer address.

It doesn't take long for me to rub people the wrong way. I have always operated outside the norm all my life. People have a tendency to resist the big picture of new ideas and concepts. Thinking outside the box is how and why I was able to achieve an elite coach status in the early and middle 70's when knowledge and training was much more self induced than now. As a tightly knit staff we were able at the gym at the time to stretch ahead of almost every other top level gym in the country. To this day I remain forward thinking and full of ideas not only to supplement the bureaucracy but also to inspire new skill concepts which do not exist for almost every event in both women's and men's gymnastics.

Unfortunately, I am not employed in a gym at this time. Hence my ideas remain dormant and my time is taken up by the toils of everyday life. But my creativity does not stand still for long. For over three years now in my spare time I have been developing a new concept for a new sport called Polearmball. It is a monumental undertaking. The project has not hit the ground yet but the concepts can be found online at the Polearmball website. Soon I will put Polearmball to the test by setting a time and place for the people who signed up as volunteers to play it. If you check out this game which is a team sport then you may begin to understand how far out there I really am.

The naysayers have not been wont. I am used to that sort of thing as I mentioned. So I will understand if you reboot/ban me.

PS. I wish I could figure out who dunno is. Shame on him.

@Jimbound

You were originally banned from the CB in 2010 because you broke the rules. Then you created no less than 8 new accounts to continue to use the CB after your banning.

Nothing has changed and you are not welcome as a member.

Somehow in our various upgrades you have been able to access our membership system again. This is something we admins will be discussing in the next few days.

I am going to politely ask you to leave and not return. Feel free to read the site as a guest, but you broke the rules and are no longer welcome as a member.

If you do not do as I ask I will be forced to ban you once more.

Hello bogwoppit.

Unfortunately, I am not employed in a gym at this time. Hence my ideas remain dormant and my time is taken up by the toils of everyday life.

No surprises there then!

I won't say welcome back. But I loved your ideas. Gave me a great laugh.

USA Gymnastics will never interfere with the business operations of a gymnastics club. they do not have the authority to do so. if Stretch worked in a gym he could peruse a copy of the operating code and rules and policies. and as i stated, there is NOTHING they can do about gym hopping. yes, it's pernicious. but area club owners work these things out between themselves. all in all, it's not as big a problem as it was in the 90's.

and i think i recall telling Stretch to move back to a Communist country back at that time. it's absurd that someone would think that local, state or federal governments would get involved and tell parents that they couldn't gym hop. and even more absurd an NGB. it's laughable. hence my humor about the Hopium. apparently he doesn't read newspaper journalists from other parts of the USA.

sophomoric humor maybe. 13 year old humor, no. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello bogwoppit.

Thank you for the suggestion about making use of paragraphs. I will take you up on that. However, yes I remember my agreement with JBS. There was a hint back at that time that perhaps one day I could return to the forum in a forgiving manner. Until then I would have to stay away until I was no longer banned. It's been years. So I took a poke at it now and lo and behold there was no more ban on my IP or computer address.

It doesn't take long for me to rub people the wrong way. I have always operated outside the norm all my life. People have a tendency to resist the big picture of new ideas and concepts. Thinking outside the box is how and why I was able to achieve an elite coach status in the early and middle 70's when knowledge and training was much more self induced than now. As a tightly knit staff we were able at the gym at the time to stretch ahead of almost every other top level gym in the country. To this day I remain forward thinking and full of ideas not only to supplement the bureaucracy but also to inspire new skill concepts which do not exist for almost every event in both women's and men's gymnastics.

Unfortunately, I am not employed in a gym at this time. Hence my ideas remain dormant and my time is taken up by the toils of everyday life. But my creativity does not stand still for long. For over three years now in my spare time I have been developing a new concept for a new sport called Polearmball. It is a monumental undertaking. The project has not hit the ground yet but the concepts can be found online at the Polearmball website. Soon I will put Polearmball to the test by setting a time and place for the people who signed up as volunteers to play it. If you check out this game which is a team sport then you may begin to understand how far out there I really am.

The naysayers have not been wont. I am used to that sort of thing as I mentioned. So I will understand if you reboot/ban me.

PS. I wish I could figure out who dunno is. Shame on him.

and you know what pal? i know who you are and i checked with someone down there that knows EXACTLY who you are. he stated "he was/is a legend in his own mind". that's all.

I'm a bit sad to see the last of Jimbound. He was most entertaining, and polearmball is intriguing, to say the least.

He was entertaining, at least to the point of trying to figure out if he was real or making this stuff up to troll us. As for polearmball, I checked out the website and I have to say I was a little scared.

Hello dunno.
and you know what pal? i know who you are and i checked with someone down there that knows EXACTLY who you are. he stated "he was/is a legend in his own mind". that's all.

Hmm... are you implying that I was never an elite coach and that I never coached in an elite gym where elite level gymnasts trained among other elite coaches? An elite coach is the only qualification about myself which I have appointed to my reputation. I have made absolutely no comments that would estimate my worth in that area. Again dunno, you serve only to misconstrue and misrepresent people from whom you fail to win respect.

I worked with Tim for almost a year and he offered me a permanent post which I turned down at the time. But this is not the elite era I am referring to when Paul and Percy and Maria and Mike were there and Toni was State Director but hadn't started seeing Tim yet. However, I am as proud as any elite coach of the elite gymnasts I coached at the elite gym I am talking about among other elite coaches whom I worked with. It's just that simple. No legend in my mind. It was all real.

Hello dunno.

Hmm... are you implying that I was never an elite coach and that I never coached in an elite gym where elite level gymnasts trained among other elite coaches? An elite coach is the only qualification about myself which I have appointed to my reputation. I have made absolutely no comments that would estimate my worth in that area. Again dunno, you serve only to misconstrue and misrepresent people from whom you fail to win respect.

I worked with Tim for almost a year and he offered me a permanent post which I turned down at the time. But this is not the elite era I am referring to when Paul and Percy and Maria and Mike were there and Toni was State Director but hadn't started seeing Tim yet. However, I am as proud as any elite coach of the elite gymnasts I coached at the elite gym I am talking about among other elite coaches whom I worked with. It's just that simple. No legend in my mind. It was all real.

Interesting...the club that I work at is right next to Greg's (Toni's Brother).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back