Fall Schedules

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cher062

So who elses schedule changes for the fall? We just got ours last Thurs and I guess this year I really don't have a life.

M 4 - 8, Tu &Thu 5 - 8:30 Fri 3:30 - 8:30 and Sat 10 - 12:30.
Ok so we have Wed and Sundays off and for the months of Sept and Oct they will work out on Wed 4:30 - 7.

I use to have a life LOL before Optional levels. Of course DD is actually so excited. She is just imagining getting her L8 skills even quicker so she can move up.

Not sure how we are going to make it to gym on time on fridays because she doesn't even get home from school until 3:30. It's no quicker picking her up with the massive amount of cars waiting to pick up their kids it takes forever to get out of the parking lot.

Wow your Friday would be hard. My daughter doesn't even get out of school until 3:15 so even trying to make it at that time would be impossible. Hope everything works out for you. Right now my daughter is pre-team so her hours aren't that crazy. We go Monday 5:30 - 7:30, Tuesday 5:30 - 7:30 and Saturday 10:30 - 12:30. If she makes Level 4 in June then she has to start being there at 4:30.

Ours is the same as last year. M, T, W, F 4:30-8:30 and Sat 8:30-1:00.

The same amount of hours as the summer just different times.

I have no life either and my DD is only a L5, maybe she's not ready to quit yet but I sure am sometimes! I have to work this into an already crazy schedule. I have a HS son doing marching/competition band and a MS son doing soccer travel and possible MS soccer too and Fall baseball league. My only saving grace is that our gym is only 10 mins away!

Mon 5:30-8:30
Tues 4:30-7:30
Wed 5:30-8:30
Thurs off
Fri 4:30-7:45
Sat 10:30-3pm

Ps, I agree that Friday of your DD's practice stinks!

Mine is the same as last year:
Tuesday: 5:00- 9:00 (sometime throughout the class is 45 minutes of dance)
Friday: 5:00- 9:00 (sometime throughtout the class is 45 minutes of conditioning)
Sunday: 5:00- 9:00 (sometime throughtout the class is 45 minutes of conditioning)

** We used to have Saturday training instead, but we have a fairly small competitive program and about 500 rec kids, so we train on Sundays instead. And every practice it is only competitive/ pre-competitive in the gym.

Level 7/8 ( but training time is the same for every level)

Yes Fri is going to be impossible to make. I'm not pulling her early from school every friday to make gym that's for sure. So the gym is just going to have to be happy with us arriving closer to 4:00.

We're getting all daytime training hours starting next week and I'm really looking forward to it. MWF from 9 - 12 and T, TH from 9 - 12:30. It works out perfectly with DS's swimming on MWF, too, which is a good thing since we're 35 minutes from the gym and 45 minutes from the pool.

Mine is the same as last year:
Tuesday: 5:00- 9:00 (sometime throughout the class is 45 minutes of dance)
Friday: 5:00- 9:00 (sometime throughtout the class is 45 minutes of conditioning)
Sunday: 5:00- 9:00 (sometime throughtout the class is 45 minutes of conditioning)

** We used to have Saturday training instead, but we have a fairly small competitive program and about 500 rec kids, so we train on Sundays instead. And every practice it is only competitive/ pre-competitive in the gym.

Level 7/8 ( but training time is the same for every level)

Wow where do you find the time to eat dinner in there?

We're getting all daytime training hours starting next week and I'm really looking forward to it. MWF from 9 - 12 and T, TH from 9 - 12:30. It works out perfectly with DS's swimming on MWF, too, which is a good thing since we're 35 minutes from the gym and 45 minutes from the pool.

If you have that in the morning when do you go to school? Or is it part of your school program?

So who elses schedule changes for the fall? We just got ours last Thurs and I guess this year I really don't have a life.

M 4 - 8, Tu &Thu 5 - 8:30 Fri 3:30 - 8:30 and Sat 10 - 12:30.
Ok so we have Wed and Sundays off and for the months of Sept and Oct they will work out on Wed 4:30 - 7.

I use to have a life LOL before Optional levels. Of course DD is actually so excited. She is just imagining getting her L8 skills even quicker so she can move up.

Not sure how we are going to make it to gym on time on fridays because she doesn't even get home from school until 3:30. It's no quicker picking her up with the massive amount of cars waiting to pick up their kids it takes forever to get out of the parking lot.

We are in the same boat as you - my DD's fall schedule starts today.
Tues 330-630
Thurs330-630
Fri 330-630
Sat 7am-11am Dance from 1115-1215

She does not start school until tomorrow; however, her school day does not end until 320pm. In good weather the drive to the gym from school is about 12 minutes. We are not the only ones in this boat - dd's friend that we carpool with is at the same school. It is unlikely that we will be on time for practice at all during the week. We started at 4pm last year which was manageable even in the winter. Oh well, we will see...:rolleyes:

I'm sorry you have such a late night - 830 is way too late for them to be at practice, especially if they have school the next day. Makes it quite a challenge to fit in homework, or even dinner!

cher...

Shawn's dd is homeschooled;)

Right. We homeschool. What's nice about this schedule is that it gives me loads of one-on-one time with my DS, who really needs it. Boo works incredibly well independently so she gets her work done in the afternoons while DS is swimming and she finishes up at home. It works out beautifully for family time in the evenings, dinner, etc.

Shawn-

Does your gym have special hours for homeschooled girls? Are they on different team than other girls? I go to a really small gym and all the practice hours for anyone besides preschool/rec/etc. are after school, so I have no clue. Just curious! Thanks :)

We still have a few more weeks of summer vacation but when they start back she will go:
M-F 3-5:30
Saturday 9-12 or 2-5 [to an extent they can choose]

I think one of us is going to have to pick her up early from school so she has time to go home, have a snack, and get ready for practice. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about that.

We have for Baby Bog

TWF 4:30 - 7:30 the school bus drops her off at the gym at 4pm and she has dinner there.
sat- 4 hours - probably 9:30am -1pm

Bigger Bog
M 4:30pm - 7:30pm for tramp and DMT only once a week bus will drop her off too

Bigger Bog also wants to do dance and that is on Thursdays, yes that is the only weeknight we used to have free!!

I am starting to save up for my gas bils!

Shawn-

Does your gym have special hours for homeschooled girls? Are they on different team than other girls? I go to a really small gym and all the practice hours for anyone besides preschool/rec/etc. are after school, so I have no clue. Just curious! Thanks :)

Bri-
Yes, our gym has just started a daytime training group for homeschooled girls in levels 7 - 10. Right now there are only three girls in that group. I think the HC is sort of hoping that they will eventually become her elite team (she has wanted to build an elite team for years, I guess).

As for a "different team," that's kind of hard to answer. Our gym does prep-op through prep gold and/or platinum and then moves the girls to level 7. However, right now there are only about two girls who might do level 7 this season (HC hasn't decided if they'll be ready in time). Boo will do either level 7 or 8 (hasn't been decided for sure yet). If she does L8, she'll be the only one. If she does L7, she may still be the only one. So, I guess the short answer is no, they're not on a different team than the other girls but there are really few of them. Did that make sense? LOL

Fri 3:30 - 8:30

I coach younger athletes, but I never get as much out of them on a Friday. I could not imagine having such a long practice at the end of the (school) week. If I were in your situation I would be secretly pleased about not being able to get her there on time :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back