Fall Schedules

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hearing all these times is not making this sport very appealing...lol
We are lucky enough that my dh owns his own business and works from home so he can get little monkey to her practice or class on time. Hence the reason he put such a constraint on how far he would have to drive.
I am going to rejoice in the one hour a week we do now because I'm sure it won't last long...lol

Last edited:
We have for Baby Bog

TWF 4:30 - 7:30 the school bus drops her off at the gym at 4pm and she has dinner there.
sat- 4 hours - probably 9:30am -1pm

Bigger Bog
M 4:30pm - 7:30pm for tramp and DMT only once a week bus will drop her off too

Bigger Bog also wants to do dance and that is on Thursdays, yes that is the only weeknight we used to have free!!

I am starting to save up for my gas bils!

How awesome is that that the school bus drops them off. That would be so nice. Yes you have a full week.

My Mom got a hand out at the new parents meeting last night. It had the fall schedule, plus a list of fees (AAAHH!!!) and a team handbook (I had fun counting all the rules my teammates break).

Tuesday: 4:30-7:30 (not too happy about this because I'll have to miss my astronomy meetings, PLUS I'll get there late for a couple of weeks because I have vision therapy until 4:45. Naturally, the first vision therapy to be scheduled at that particular time coincides with Testing Day.)
Thursday: 4:30-7:30
Saturday: 11:30-2:30

We generally eat a snack before gym and then a snack at the gym.

Yay for no more friday practices! Not sure how this going to fly with high school related activities/clubs/homework etc. Especially since it's my first year of conventional schooling.

Turns out the competition leo is estimated to be $100, but I seriously doubt it's going to be QUITE that much. They haven't even decided on the design yet, so we'll see. Maybe $75. Warm-up is $65. I'm wondering if they got the warm up and leo reversed since I always thought the warm ups costed upward $100 and the leos were a little less expensive.

Every Saturday, we're supposed to wear specific practice leotard and hair in a bun. During the year I never saw anyone but a certain group wear the practice leo when they were supposed to, and hardly anyone bothered with a bun, which urked me since I'm the kind of person who loves being in uniform. Hopefully this year they'll be able to get people to wear it. It's supposed to be less then $20! Really good deal, and I really need a leotard.

...Whoah, that came out pretty long o_o

After adding in the dance that dd will be doing, the schedule looks quite full:

Mon - Ballet 5:30-7:00pm
Tue - Gymnastics 4:30-8:30pm
Wed - Ballet 5:30-7:00pm; Pointe 7:00-7:30pm
Thur - Ballet 7:00-8:30pm
Sat - Gymnastics 8:00am-2:00pm

DS will have Jiu-Jitsu mixed in there also. The good thing is that his class is offered 4 days a week, so he can choose which two days to go to so we have some flexibility there. We will have to see how this schedule holds up this year and how dd handles it with school and all. This may be the last year she does both gym and dance. Big decisions ahead for her next year. We'll see.

I'm sorry you have such a late night - 830 is way too late for them to be at practice, especially if they have school the next day. Makes it quite a challenge to fit in homework, or even dinner!

Even at her old gym she went to 8:30 so that isn't new to us. Usually she will bring a snack to the gym with her and when she gets home have something light to eat. We try to encourage the Lunch time meal to be the big meal. We encourage her to get seconds at school. As for homework, well she is a high honors student all A's. Now I very rarely see her do any homework and she tells me its all done. I know at school she brings it to recess to work on and every class gives about 10 min at the end to start it in case some have some trouble the teacher can help. She also has the bus ride home that she uses to do homework. I have no idea when she does the projects but she does them. guess she has it figured out LOL so I guess I can't complain.

Well it sounds like you have a very responsible, resourceful daughter!! It does seem to be one of the great benefits of this sport as it encourages them to be very focused and driven.

As stated previously I am very happy with daughters fall schedule Mon530-830 Thur430-730 Fri 4-730 Sat 1-5. I am glad she will be able to have Tuesday and Wenesday off. She is hoping to try some other activites I think 4 days a week is good and I also am glad that their latest practice ends at 830 last year it was 9 which seems entirely too late. Daughter gets donee school at 230 so 400 practice is not a problem but for some kids they just get there late. By the way I also love the idea of the bus taking them there from school.

DD's Fall Shedule has not changed. She will practice M-W-F from 4:30 to 8:30 and on Saturday 9 - 1. However, they are allowed to come in on Tuesday and Thursday to work on their own. Right now DD says she will not be going to extra practice because she wants to focus on homework, but I think that will change! :rolleyes:

We also are a homeschooling family :) My husband works Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights (12 hour shifts, he leaves at 4:30pm). Because of this we had to choose a night to take off from the activities to have a family night (he also works an additional 28 hours throughout the week). Thursday is our family night :)

This is just our gym/tumbling schedule. We also have the two older girls in dance lessons 1x/week, swimming Lessons for the 3 older kids 1x/week, piano lessons for Alexis 1x/week. Rylee and Austin both have other games on Saturday mornings (currently soccer for Rylee and football for Austin; Austin will do soccer in the spring).

MONDAY
2:45-3:30 (Alexis and Rylee switch every other week having a private lesson)
4-5:30 (Rylee ~ Level 3)
5-7:30 (Alexis ~ Level 4)

TUESDAY
4:45-5:45 (Austin ~ Tumbling Pre-Team)
4:45-6:15 (Rylee ~ Fast Tracks)

WEDNESDAY
5-5:30 (McKenzee Grace ~ Gym Tot Class)
5-7:30 (Alexis ~ Level 4)
6:30-8 (Rylee ~ Level 3)

SATURDAY
9-11:30 (Alexis ~ Level 4)

Mine will change slightly but mostly we just take off a little time if we're sick or if we have to much homework.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back