Parents Finally!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymbee06

Proud Parent
Tonight I finally have what you guys call a kipper!!! Dd decided in January she would do it by her birthday (which is in 2 days time) and tonight we had 3 in a row she and I am beyond proud I honestly don't think I've ever seen her so happy with herself I don't know whether our recent gym change had anything to do with it or not but the fact that she is happy and living the new place speaks volumes for her this was the first skill that has really taken a long time for her to get I'm glad that she really can now understand that hard work does eventually pay off sorry for the proud parent post

Tonight I finally have what you guys call a kipper!!! Dd decided in January she would do it by her birthday (which is in 2 days time) and tonight we had 3 in a row she and I am beyond proud I honestly don't think I've ever seen her so happy with herself I don't know whether our recent gym change had anything to do with it or not but the fact that she is happy and living the new place speaks volumes for her this was the first skill that has really taken a long time for her to get I'm glad that she really can now understand that hard work does eventually pay off sorry for the proud parent post

Brag away! We love to read about kips!

Thanks guys these past 2 weeks she has been doing extra leg lift and chin ups at home I'm wondering if this had anything to do with it as she has said that she hasn't practiced them since joining new gym about 6 weeks ago or maybe on another thread of a recent new kipper I asked for the fairies to be sent across the pond:)

Thanks everyone I know it will most likely take a holiday then return but I am now passing the fairies on good luck to anyone else out there needing them. Now we are just about to start the back flic on beam which she isn't crazy about due to a previous coach during the summer making her try and do them in high beam no mats when she hadn't ever tried on a a floor beam

I know it will most likely take a holiday then return
I very much hope this is not the case for your DD, but you are correct that this is pretty common. Puma Jr's kip came and went for a solid...freaking...YEAR before it was consistent. She just comepeted it last weekend for the first time (about 14 months after first "getting" one) and it was a bent armed muscled mess! "Not pretty, but functional", a kind friend told me. Lol They all have their unique challenges and get skills in different orders, but this is a huge step so good for her!!! Hopefully it's here to stay :)

Now if she could just get over that vault table:)
lol what level is she? How old is she. My daughter was rock solid on vault in Bronze and then mid season silver things changed. She is in gold now and that is her weakest event. She has the power (running) but when she hits that board, not sure what is happening. She is 10 and getting her kip at the end of last season (silver) made her so happy. She still does not have a beautiful kip but it made her love bars. Congrats to your DD.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back