Parents Finding balance in being a helpful parent and not being overbearing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wanted to post a quick update to today's open gym/private. It went great! Open gym was run very tightly with a coach leading smaller groups of girls through the events. They spent about 1 hour on floor and 1 hour on bars. DD was able to get some good pointers on her FHS, BT, Flyaway to name the ones I remember.

She then went to a private lesson with their L5 coach and recieved some finessing on her routine. They worked mostly on vault which has been bothering DD this season.

Spoke with the L5 coach and she told DD and me that she is right where she needs to be! She says she is ready to compete but could use some more practice to refine what she knows. Based on the skills worked during open gym, she thinks a move to L6 might come a the end of this competive season and cautioned DD about rushing it (and me?!)

It was great feedback and DD is feeling better about not practicing those more advanced skills now and is very focused on being the best L5 she can be!

Thanks again all for the feedback and to note, the HC asked me if our current HC knew we were there - I told her yes and she was relieved. She then told me that she was going to follow up with a courtesy call the our HC no matter what but was happy it was all above board! So thank you to the parents who brought that up to me in advance as we were able to cut off any tension. I'm glad I know now more about gym protocol!

It is great to hear that everything worked out as it should. We learn something new every day don't we? Thanks for the update!:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back