First comp ever...Great results!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
Ok well as some of you know i had my first comp on today so after driving 5 hours, getting a flat tire and ringing every tire store in every town within a 2.5 hour radius and no luck we risked using the spare for the remainder of the trip there and back.

Well first up was beam and i was shaking of nerves but luckily did not fall, didn't boost my score much though. i ended up getting 11.6 (out of 15) and placing 3rd.

Nerves had settled by second event and did a great floor routine (or so i've been told. I got a 12.8 (again out of 15) but unfortunately jump full turn is no longer in the code so i lost 1.00 which meant i came third instead of first.

Vault, generally my least favourite other than bars but did well with a piked vault :S - handstand flat back using vaulting table but ended up with 13.25 giving me 2nd place.

Bars, well all i can say is the bar fairies that opt rocks sent must have worked (thanks opt rocks) because i didn't fall on anything and got 12.4 with 3rd place again.

All around i also got 3rd! and was absolutely ecstatic as this was my first competition ever!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back