Flushed during workouts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

momof5

Proud Parent
DD has been getting extremely flushed in her face during workouts lately. She has always had a little trouble with this but its seems to be worse lately. Her cheeks get extremely red and sometimes her she also gets splotchy on her forehead and neck and chest. A couple of times she has goten really hot when this has happened. Her coach is making her travel around the events with her water bottle and she also set a goal for her to drink the entire bottle during practice. I am a little concerned. Sometimes her face remains red even a hour after practice. Should I be concerned?

I'm 28 and have had the same problem forever. We have pictures of me when I was 5 at soccer games and my face was beet red. Other parents would always ask if I was okay because it looked bad. I could never tell the difference. It got the point that it was embarrassing but that was it. Cold rags seemed to help.

Does she feel bad when it happens?

I have the same problem. Whenever I workout I turn red very easily, even if I have not exerted myself an unusual amount. I usually just attribute it to the fact that I have very fair skin. As long as she is not experiencing more severe symptoms (nausea, dizziness), I don't think it's anything to be too worried about, at least that's kind of how I look at it. Keeping her water bottle with her and keeping her hydrated certainly won't hurt and something I highly recommend for all athletes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back