Parents Fly-away meet tips/suggestions?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Oh my goodness, really!? I never realized sending a simple request would cause such a stir. My heart is pounding like crazy right now... What do you think I should do? Should I apologize for reaching out to them and beg them not to report me to the gym we're at? I still don't fully grasp the intensity of this sport even to this day. All I requested is for the scores of the participants to be up... No cheating, no ill intention... This wasn't even a complaint. PDFs are already there.
Do you have a team handbook with a written policy against it? If not, I wouldn't worry about it and would not contact them again even to apologize. They may have seen it and just ignored it. I think the biggest problem that they have are parents asking for meet schedules before the meets happen.

I remember that discussion here a long time ago about the parent who contacted another gym about a meet! That was pretty crazy.

OP - don't sweat it. I would just let it go (not contact them again and not worry about missing scores). It's annoying when scores don't make it to MMS but it happens and there's not much you can do about it. Gymnastics is absolutely an intense sport but it's also as intense as you make it. In the end, it doesn't matter if 1 meet (or 5!) are missing. What seems Very Important now will be trivial in a year.

I remember that discussion here a long time ago about the parent who contacted another gym about a meet! That was pretty crazy.

OP - don't sweat it. I would just let it go (not contact them again and not worry about missing scores). It's annoying when scores don't make it to MMS but it happens and there's not much you can do about it. Gymnastics is absolutely an intense sport but it's also as intense as you make it. In the end, it doesn't matter if 1 meet (or 5!) are missing. What seems Very Important now will be trivial in a year.
Thank you for your comment! Okay, I'll let it go. I just find it surprising that asking a simple question could stir up so much intensity. But I suppose if they allow parents to contact the host, it must affect other types of intensity too. Maybe they should mention on the contact form something like 'parents, please refrain from sending inquiries'! 😄 Anyway, I won't contact them again. Thanks everyone for your input. There's always so much more to learn....

Do you have a team handbook with a written policy against it? If not, I wouldn't worry about it and would not contact them again even to apologize. They may have seen it and just ignored it. I think the biggest problem that they have are parents asking for meet schedules before the meets happen.
I went to look at the handbook. Interestingly, aside from behavior during the meet, there wasn't any specific mention. Phew, that was nerve-wracking! Thank you!

Thank you for your comment! Okay, I'll let it go. I just find it surprising that asking a simple question could stir up so much intensity. But I suppose if they allow parents to contact the host, it must affect other types of intensity too. Maybe they should mention on the contact form something like 'parents, please refrain from sending inquiries'! 😄 Anyway, I won't contact them again. Thanks everyone for your input. There's always so much more to learn....
One time we were waiting for the schedule for State to come out and for some families state coincided with the beginning of spring break. One mom on our team called the host gym to try to find out what day our level competed on because she needed to book flights for their family vacay. Somehow it got back to HC and he was so pissed that she did that. LOL. It wasn't in our handbook either.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back