Frustrated and down need to vent and some encouragement

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

aerialriver

Coach
Gymnast
I am super frustrated right now. The gym was closed for 2.5 weeks for the Holidays and we have a meet in 3 weeks. I do T&T.

Now my double mini coach will not allow me to do my old level 8 pass and is asking a lot for me to learn and perfect a new one that I am finding quite difficult in 3 weeks. In addition today my trampoline coach said she does not like my optional rotuine and is changing it.

I had it worked up to upgrade one skill in the old routine which I can do to make my DD a 5.5 so that if the heavens shine down on me I would have enough DD if I got my mobility score I could move up next season ( I have NO plans to move this season, but we compete so few times I really would like to get it. If I did this it would only involve me having to re-learn how to connect 2 skills that scare me, the barani and the back full which I fell off the tramp doing and I can easily see myself being able to do that. By the way DD is degree of difficulty and in T&T you have to obtain a mobility score as well as have a high enough DD which in my level is a 5.5.

She wants a totally different rotuine that involves me not only doing the barani back full but also putting in another skill in the middle of the routine I am not 100% comfortable with and have yet to connect anything into or out of (it is at the end of my old routine) and to make it worse it only comes out to a 5.4 DD so even if I somehow got all those things down and did a great routine there would be zero chance of getting my mobility score.

I am so super frustrated my stomach is in knots. I want to just nicely ask her if I can do the old routine with the full for this meet and keep working towards the routine she wants for me, but she spent 2 hours this morning making this thing up and I know she'll be mad. Any advice? Suggestions? Anything similar ever happen to anyone else?

I wrote a whole thing then realized I didn't know if you were L8 or L9 or both, & it was actually relevant to what I wrote. Ha.

I'm sure your coach would let you train both routines & both passes & compete the ones you're comfortable with at the upcoming meet. That'd be reasonable...I know I'd rather have an athlete compete something they were comfortable with.

Re: mobility scores, I'm pretty sure you don't need to have the higher DD at a meet. I thought that was a state chair thing (but that may just be tiny states like mine).

Good luck, in any case.

Sounds like your coach made some New Year's Resolutions for you. I doubt the coach would do that without the confidence that you were up to/needed the challenge! Vent, work through your frustrations. Coach Goofy is probably right that you will uptrain the new stuff but compete the old stuff- but really, what do you have to lose? Go for it!

I just posted an epic great long post and it didn't work. Coach Goofy, I would like to talk to you more about it if that is okay. I will PM you tomorrow, too tired and angry tonight. I am level 8 double mini and 9 on trampoline if that helps.

I just posted an epic great long post and it didn't work. Coach Goofy, I would like to talk to you more about it if that is okay. I will PM you tomorrow, too tired and angry tonight. I am level 8 double mini and 9 on trampoline if that helps.

Sure thing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back