Parents Gifts for coaches

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter is going to college and wants to get gifts for her coaches before she leaves. Does anyone have any suggestions?

If her coach is a coffee-holic, get a Pete's or Starbuck's coffee cards. I usually bought a few of these for my bosses at the gym for Christmas.

Quite often parents got me Jamba Juice cards.

I honestly think something home made, a collage or something would have way more sentimental value. I'm just assuming there is a significant bond between coach and gymnast if that coach trained them for a long time.

Have her write a personal thank-you letter, including specific examples of life lessons the coach helped her learn. I worked as a tutor many years ago, and while I hardly remember any of the mugs and picture frames my students gave me, I still remember (and have) the personal notes that a handful of them wrote me.

You can order cards with a picture of your daughter with her coach(es) from zazzle or shutterfly or somewhere and have her write a personalized note inside...

Have her write a personal thank-you letter, including specific examples of life lessons the coach helped her learn. I worked as a tutor many years ago, and while I hardly remember any of the mugs and picture frames my students gave me, I still remember (and have) the personal notes that a handful of them wrote me.

THIS.

Also, you can never go wrong with food and/or money. As blairbob said, gift cards to starbucks or Jamba Juice would probably be great.

My daughter is going to college and wants to get gifts for her coaches before she leaves. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I think through Walmart you can even have your photos made into a book that could have pictures and memories of their time together over the years. I know my DD did a children's book for school this year through "Tikatok" which you set it up and then have it printed and it was only about $10....cost us $25 as they also decided to turn the project into a fundraiser so the extra money went to another grade 3 class at a school with not much of a budget for classroom books.

It was really easy BTW!

Usually a gift card for something they love is best then they can choose what they want. The coaches that we gave a spa day to loved those, (massage, nails, and facial for the day- very relaxing)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back