WAG Glitter!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We use the one from Party City. Spray after leo on, before warmup jacket, and towel over shoulders. Light brown hair, we use silver or gold, depending on what we currently have. I like the silver better.

We use the one from Party City. Spray after leo on, before warmup jacket, and towel over shoulders. Light brown hair, we use silver or gold, depending on what we currently have. I like the silver better.
My daughter prefers the silver as well

Glitter in the hair is still part of my DD's meet routine, even at age 13 and level 9. We have had great success with a glitter spray we find at Walgreens near the bright-colored hair dye stuff. We always spray outside, to avoid glitter overspray everywhere.

If it were me, I get her to another Mom or even her Coach. I know my limitations!
My DD hasn't been to a meet (level 2 out for now with an injury) yet but when she needs help with her hair on a normal day, my DW and I are equally qualified. I have no idea what we might do if/when the time comes. I've seen videos where the hair totally comes out of place and I could totally see that happening to my DD. (I imagine a trail of glitter behind her too).

My DD hasn't been to a meet (level 2 out for now with an injury) yet but when she needs help with her hair on a normal day, my DW and I are equally qualified. I have no idea what we might do if/when the time comes. I've seen videos where the hair totally comes out of place and I could totally see that happening to my DD. (I imagine a trail of glitter behind her too).
You'll have to do some meets upstate so I can help you out!

You'll have to do some meets upstate so I can help you out!
Thanks, My DW will be thrilled. Did I mention that she's got a lot more hair than you can see in the avatar? :D

At least that's one less thing to worry about down the road.

One more reason I'm glad my gymnast is a boy! (Excuse me, he always corrects me and makes me say "man," since it's "men's gymnastics." He's 8...) And my daughter loves this kind of stuff but it's just for things like costumes at Halloween - she's a softball player, no glitter required!

Just make sure NOT to spray her hair while sitting in bleachers - even if nobody is around.
Because there is ALWAYS someone around. Someone who notices the glitter being sprayed and goes crazy!! CRAY CRAY CRAZY. Yelling, stomping, throwing their duffel bag because they believe glitter got on it.
Now, in my, I mean, in someone's defense, it was the first time, and truly, no thought was given to just how crazy the glitter is. And I'm CERTAIN that said glitter-spraying-mama apologized PROFUSELY no to avail. There may have even been a tear or two because the spraying-mama felt SO bad. Yet, no let up from perceived injured party :(

Just make sure NOT to spray her hair while sitting in bleachers - even if nobody is around.
Because there is ALWAYS someone around. Someone who notices the glitter being sprayed and goes crazy!! CRAY CRAY CRAZY. Yelling, stomping, throwing their duffel bag because they believe glitter got on it.
Now, in my, I mean, in someone's defense, it was the first time, and truly, no thought was given to just how crazy the glitter is. And I'm CERTAIN that said glitter-spraying-mama apologized PROFUSELY no to avail. There may have even been a tear or two because the spraying-mama felt SO bad. Yet, no let up from perceived injured party :(
I'm sure a report was filed by the Glitter Police :cool:

The injured party sounds a little nutso

The injured party sounds a little nutso

It was quite a scene... and truth be told, I did feel horrible, and kept apologizing and apologizing. Not once was there any indication that they understood that sometimes people make mistakes.

Wal Mart carries it in their party aisle. My level 9/10 still insists on it...it must have magical qualities!!! :D. Spray it on outside!!! It seems to brush off easy, though. But who's really afraid of a little sparkle???
Claire's and accessory shops carry it, too. We usually stock up at Halloween when it's everywhere and cheap!!
My 17 year old level 10 also still loves her glitter! I, too, try to get a few cans at halloween. but you can also get it on Amazon.

I haven't found it to get everywhere but, then, I'm past the days of doing my daughter's hair so it may be all over the rug in her room but with the clothes that 'occasionally' wind up on a teen's floor....well, lets just say, I don't notice stray glitter lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back