WAG Grips 101

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We've decided our brand (Ginnasta) and style (velcro) but now I have to decide between a narrow or a regular width. Her hand is about a 3 inch width even though she's almost 12. Also just a personal question for me: what does the water on the grips do? Just wonderin' :)

well, for the narrow or regular width, if my hands were that small i might go with the narrow. You might want to ask her.

The point of water on the grips is to help the chalk stay on better, but i have noticed that grips wear out quicker because it's not very good for the leather to get wet. I use water for my grips and they seem fine, but that's just what i have heard.

~Katie :)

It depends on how much she weighs. I'd say less than 90 go with narrow. Over that you probably want the regular width. Almost all our girls use this brand and that's pretty much what we go by. Or..if she hasn't hit puberty get the narrow. If she has get the regular.

my daughter is 12 and working level 7 skills. she just got the Ginnasta grips, double buckle, and I got her the regular width. she says they work great. the narrow would be too narrow for her. she is tall, about 93 pounds. i would go with regular width, esp if she plans on wearing them for quite a while, and she is continuing to grow. Just my opinion... ;)

Ok... DD has been using grips for 3 practices now and has made her kips multiple times in them. Her friend who has had grips for a while now said she was using too much water. DD doesn't want her grips to wear out but apparently the only way she can make a kip is to put chalk on, then water and then chalk again. What is a good amount of water to use?

Ok... DD has been using grips for 3 practices now and has made her kips multiple times in them. Her friend who has had grips for a while now said she was using too much water. DD doesn't want her grips to wear out but apparently the only way she can make a kip is to put chalk on, then water and then chalk again. What is a good amount of water to use?

Has she tried her kip with out as much water yet?

Just purchases our first pair of Ginnasta Grips. My daughter loves them. The sizing was a bit off for Canada. They are already broken in. Not sure how long they will last. We will see over the next few months. I will definitely purchase again. The service has been wonderful and very quick shipping. If your looking for grips I would highly recommend.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back