Grips for my boy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

munchkin3

Proud Parent
I am trying to figure out when to step up to the next level in grips for my son. He is almost 8yrs. 60lbs. and will be working kips, 3/4 (baby) giants.
On the rings he needs to get the inlocate. Grips don't seem as important on the rings as it does the High Bar, maybe we can wait on ring grips.
He started on the lightweight palm guard, which lasted 2-3 months....he is now using a thick palm guard (second pair)....he is in the gym 9-12 hrs a week.....
I have seen high bar grips for men WITHOUT the dowel....are these useful?
Mom

I would speak to the coach regarding what type of grips he should get. But usually when a child starts working giants they will start using the dowel grips.

My son's coach is not very talkative....I don't think he really likes to tell parents to buy grips....He finally told one of the level 6 boys that he must get them...Maybe he does not want they lower levels to have them? Other gyms require them starting level 5.....What would be best for my kid??
thanks

Its hard to tell you what is best for your kid. I'm not in the gym, I don't really see his skill level or any other pertinent information.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back