Grips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

Gracefulclutz

I am technically a level four but am training level five. Should I get grips even though we are not using them yet? If so what brand should I use? Thanks for your help. :)

Your coach will tell you when its time to get grips. It's not a good idea to get them too early because you need time to develop a strong grip on the bars without the help of grips first. When its time your coach will tell you and will recommend what brand to get.

Im a level 4 and i have grips <Grips are not fun at first they your fingers and it takes a long time to get use to them>Heres some advise You want like them!

I got my grips at the end of level 3, they are fantastic!
But I only got them because I would rip every single gym class, and now I hardly ever rip.
I can't say there is a lot of difference with the way I grip the bar though, so I would only get some if you're hands rip a lot. Hope this helps!

Oh, and use Reisport Grips, they are the best! You can buy them online, but also at competitions. Or ask your coach.

when i got grips

i didnt get grips till level 6, but i was so used to not having them it took me all summer to get used to them
it basically doesnt matter, this girl at my gym didnt get hers till level 9 but now u need them before that.
talk to your coaches and they will recommend a brand and a time to get them, thats what i did

Ask your coach. Mine told me when I could/should get them and what type. He told me to get such and such type, but the brand was up to me. I got Reisport ones with dowels and I LOVE them. They take a while to get used to, but I adapt quickly, so i'm used to them already and I enjoy them. My wrists were bruised after my first practice due to them rubbing/sliding and me putting them on so tight. Everyone is different, make sure you measure your hand correctly and carefully, get your coach's approval before breaking them in.

I have Bulldog, dowel, buckle grips. I love them! Before in level 6 I had velcro grips and they would have to be tightened between every few skills (because I like my grips tight).

I would recommend getting grips around level 5, 6, or 7 but you should always ask your coach.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back