Anon Grips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
A

Anonymous (f4f5)

I have been competing for 7 years. I put the finger holes of my dowel grips below my knuckles. I was told by a coach that they are supposed to go above your knuckles. I was shocked that none of my coaches realized that before since Ive known them and used grips for about 3 years

I tried looking up if it made a difference where the holes of your grips were, and the only thing that came up is that the dowel is supposed to be on top of the bar (which mine do).

So, does it actually make a difference where your grips holes lie on your fingers, or is there something bad when putting grips below your knuckles?

I personally put my grips under my first knuckle but above the second one. My coaches haven't corrected me either. But I do have problems of feeling like my grips are slipping. Not sure if its related.

I used to do the same thing for preference. It made me confident that they weren’t going to slip off my fingers. Not sure if it is safe or not? But I do know that it really wears the grip finger holes out. The price separating the two finger holes ripped out on a few pairs of mine. After it ripped the day before I left for a comp I decided I was done with that. I now rip a small corner off of the foam block and shove it in the hole between my finger and the grip and it gives that same secure feeling. I used to go through grips like crazy but since starting this I’ve had the same pair for just over a year.

But I do have problems of feeling like my grips are slipping
Yeah, I feel like if I put them above my knuckles I would fly off the bar, but that mostly has to do with that the finger holes got streched a little from my knuckles

Correct... the image you linked to is 100% how they are worn...

grips.jpg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back