gym gripe

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Today I got a call from my daughter's gym: "Hello, this is xxx from xxx gym. I need a check for July now."
She joined the gym in April as a level 7. We've always been up to date, even though she hasn't attended the last month becuase of an injury. If the gym has time to call for the money, how about a call to see how my daughter is doing, what the doctor said, and that they hope she'll be back soon. I know I have to pay for July, but sheesh, isn't just good business practice to show a little concern?

I agree with aerielriver. Honestly, it's probably some poor schlub's job each month on the 6th to run a report of everyone who is in arrears and call them with a polite message. The boookeeper probably doesn't know the stories of each girls.

But I am surprised that her coach hasn't been in touch. Is your daughter working out at all with her injury? Most of our optionals will go and do at least some conditioning if possible (it isn't always possible I know, like if there is a back injury that requires complete rest).

It depends on the tone they used I suppose. Unless you're a deadbeat, a call like this should always be courteous in my book.

Not to sound like the devils advocate but maybe they have someone working in the office and they have no idea? It may just be their job to call and collect money, they may have no idea what happened to your daughter.

This is almost certainly the case.

and might i add that the most difficult part of the year to collect tuitions and such are in the summer. everyone has summer on the brain.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back