WAG Gymnastics and More gym in Myrtle Beach

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mrs. Puma

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
If anyone is ever vacationing to Myrtle Beach, SC and is looking to get some workouts in I HIGHLY recommend Gymnastics and More in Little River (just north of Myrtle). My DD begged me to find a gym and I'm so glad I found this one. She was very uncharacteristically apprehensive yesterday, and the coaches were very kind to her and she wanted to come back today! It's a beautiful big facility and the coaches are very professional and (from my untrained opinion) very knowledgable. I'm really glad this worked out because it's better for all of us if the high energy Puma Jr. gets some gym in!! Lol

Funny you posted this! We were planning to go to Myrtle beach later this week. Although, I'm not sure my Dd would want to work out at any other gym. Lol. She's stuck like glue to one of her coaches!

Funny you posted this! We were planning to go to Myrtle beach later this week. Although, I'm not sure my Dd would want to work out at any other gym. Lol. She's stuck like glue to one of her coaches!
I was soooooo shocked at how nervous she was yesterday! She came out after like 5 minutes and wanted to leave! I think it was just overwhelming that it was sooo much bigger and there were so many more kids. And besides not knowing the flow of things, these kids are definitely a little more advanced fom wise than her (which I assumed would be the case). Sometimes I forget she's only 8. But the coaches were SO kind to her and she's doing great right now! :)

I was soooooo shocked at how nervous she was yesterday! She came out after like 5 minutes and wanted to leave! I think it was just overwhelming that it was sooo much bigger and there were so many more kids. And besides not knowing the flow of things, these kids are definitely a little more advanced fom wise than her (which I assumed would be the case). Sometimes I forget she's only 8. But the coaches were SO kind to her and she's doing great right now! :)
That's awesome! Sometimes it's good to have a change. Honestly, we're giving a lot of thought to a gym change right now. But I know she's going to really mad. She loves her friends and a couple of coaches but lots of things are happening here and it's getting time.

So did they just let her train with her level?

Gymnastics and More also holds a summer camp for competitive gymnasts that happened to coincide with a planned vacation we had at Myrtle Beach a few years back. My DD absolutely loved it and had the best time there. I wish there was a gym somewhere on the Outer Banks as that is where we typically go for summer vacation.

That's awesome! Sometimes it's good to have a change. Honestly, we're giving a lot of thought to a gym change right now. But I know she's going to really mad. She loves her friends and a couple of coaches but lots of things are happening here and it's getting time.

So did they just let her train with her level?
Yup! She just joined the Golds.

Gymnastics and More also holds a summer camp for competitive gymnasts that happened to coincide with a planned vacation we had at Myrtle Beach a few years back. My DD absolutely loved it and had the best time there. I wish there was a gym somewhere on the Outer Banks as that is where we typically go for summer vacation.
Yes! They offered that to me but my dad who we are visiting is a snowbird so he won't be down here in the summer. This was a 13 hour drive so I probably wouldn't make the trip unless we were visiting. But they said it was a great program!

We go on vacation to the same place every summer and our gymnasts love working out at the gym there. There's also a guy who comes to our area every August and jumps in on the boys' team practices. It's a good thing on both sides for the gymnasts to get to know other team kids and learn what's the same and what's different in different gyms. I'm glad so many gyms are willing to let a random bored team athlete jump in on their practices, not least because I know that a vacationing gymnast far away from gym can be a real pain in the you-know-what unless you've got him/her hiking mountains all day.

Yes! They offered that to me but my dad who we are visiting is a snowbird so he won't be down here in the summer. This was a 13 hour drive so I probably wouldn't make the trip unless we were visiting. But they said it was a great program![/QUOTE
yes! W
We go on vacation to the same place every summer and our gymnasts love working out at the gym there. There's also a guy who comes to our area every August and jumps in on the boys' team practices. It's a good thing on both sides for the gymnasts to get to know other team kids and learn what's the same and what's different in different gyms. I'm glad so many gyms are willing to let a random bored team athlete jump in on their practices, not least because I know that a vacationing gymnast far away from gym can be a real pain in the you-know-what unless you've got him/her hiking mountains all day.
Yes! We have a really small gym so it was good for her to see how a larger gym runs. And since she normally works out with much older kids, it was good to have her see kids closer to her age and the type of form she needs to work toward having. It was a great experience!!!

So glad she had a good experience at a visiting gym!
We've done it twice, once in New Orleans and once in Hawaii. I can totally recommend the gym in New Orleans! (Hawaii too, but that was a one hour private, not regular gym time, with all the girls and coaches, etc).

Right now I'm in the middle of trying to work out details with three separate gyms in Ireland!!! It's quite exciting for DD!!!

I know a lot of moms who think people are nuts who bring lower levels gymmies to gym during vacation, but DD loves it, and I love having outside coaches get their eyes on her, and maybe help with a detail that's been missed (without going to a coach down the street and upsetting our own gym).

So glad she had a good experience at a visiting gym!
We've done it twice, once in New Orleans and once in Hawaii. I can totally recommend the gym in New Orleans! (Hawaii too, but that was a one hour private, not regular gym time, with all the girls and coaches, etc).

Right now I'm in the middle of trying to work out details with three separate gyms in Ireland!!! It's quite exciting for DD!!!

I know a lot of moms who think people are nuts who bring lower levels gymmies to gym during vacation, but DD loves it, and I love having outside coaches get their eyes on her, and maybe help with a detail that's been missed (without going to a coach down the street and upsetting our own gym).
It was all her idea! I hope her drive stays when she is in the higher levels. I know being a tween/teen often changes things...we'll see!

Love reading the great comments! This is my daughter's gym! Our girl's love visitors! Our summer camp is pretty great too!
Oh good! The other girls were very kind and receptive to her as well. She desperately wants to go to that camp in the summer, but my dad won't be down there. She is trying to convince Grandpa to change his plans..lol! But I have a feeling we'll be back next Easter! :) Please tell your coaches THANK YOU for a great experience! I was especially impressed with the floor/vault coach with the shoulder length brown hair. She was very gentle yet clearly expected a lot from them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back