Parents "Gymnastics not a sport?"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yep, when daughter was four before she ever took a gymnastics class and was Queen of the Neighborhood Park Monkey Bars I knew there was something special going on.

Funny, a proficiency at monkey bars at a less-than-normal age is what made me sign my dd up for gym!
OP - A simple retort of "actions speak louder than words" might suffice. Does your school do the presidential fitness test? From the first test, when she ( along with the couple of other gymnasts at the school, and her super athletic younger sister) basically beat every boy at the school in every single category, the argument was shut down.

Funny, a proficiency at monkey bars at a less-than-normal age is what made me sign my dd up for gym!
OP - A simple retort of "actions speak louder than words" might suffice. Does your school do the presidential fitness test? From the first test, when she ( along with the couple of other gymnasts at the school, and her super athletic younger sister) basically beat every boy at the school in every single category, the argument was shut down.
While I realized there was something special about her mastery of Monkey Bars, it took us (my wife and I, our daughter knew all along) a good year after that to realize that gymnastics was the answer!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back