Ha ha can't believe I've done this

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Kate E

Proud Parent
Well my DD (6) is in gym for 9.5 hours over 3 sessions a week and we live 45mins away with a good M25 so I don't risk going home.

I've stopped going to the shops as I was spending too much, I went off the local swimming pool as it's a bit grotty, 2 of the gyms I've viewed I didn't like so a bit peed off today I spoke to a coach at DDs gym as I know she does 121's & have only gone and booked myself an hour next Sunday with her .... WHAT HAVE I DONE LOL!!!

I'm 42 and bar a cartwheel haven't done gymnastics since I was about 12! I have no arm strength, rubbish core & my flexibility isn't what it used to be ...I'm currently on day 4 of a 15 day hot yoga challenge after 2 years of doing nothing so hopefully by next Sunday I'll have a bit of flexibility so I don't look a complete waster but I'd love to walk on my hands a bit again, get a walkover again and manage some chin up circle overs!

Anyone else done something like this before in a moment of madness?

Ooh I will but I'm dead nervous now lol...just hope we don't do it in the same gym my DD's class is in as I've told her & she thinks it's hilarious!

Well my DD (6) is in gym for 9.5 hours over 3 sessions a week and we live 45mins away with a good M25 so I don't risk going home.

I've stopped going to the shops as I was spending too much, I went off the local swimming pool as it's a bit grotty, 2 of the gyms I've viewed I didn't like so a bit peed off today I spoke to a coach at DDs gym as I know she does 121's & have only gone and booked myself an hour next Sunday with her .... WHAT HAVE I DONE LOL!!!

I'm 42 and bar a cartwheel haven't done gymnastics since I was about 12! I have no arm strength, rubbish core & my flexibility isn't what it used to be ...I'm currently on day 4 of a 15 day hot yoga challenge after 2 years of doing nothing so hopefully by next Sunday I'll have a bit of flexibility so I don't look a complete waster but I'd love to walk on my hands a bit again, get a walkover again and manage some chin up circle overs!

Anyone else done something like this before in a moment of madness?

In a word, no.
If you want to know why, visit the mommy and me post in the coaches thread....

In a word, no.
If you want to know why, visit the mommy and me post in the coaches thread....

Hahahahaha! Oh gosh, I'm sorry to have reawakened a trauma of days long gone!

Uhm, I haven't done anything like that YET, but I'm thinking about joining a calisthenics group once uni starts up again, i.e. a bunch of dudes doing human flags while I'd stand by and work on that chin up I lost years ago, lol.

But new situations aren't necessarily a bad thing. Good for you to step out of your comfort zone!

I accompanied my mother to her zumba class this summer. I'm not a dancer (unless you count solo dance parties in my bedroom) so I was super apprehensive. It was a bit awkward at first because I was embarrassed and didn't know the choreography while everyone else was having the time of their lives but after a while, I started to really enjoy myself. Hope you'll have a similar experience!

I couldn't see the thread ... Can you link it at all? I'm intrigued now!

I did calisthenics YEARS ago & loved it I'm sure you'll have great fun.

I really really want to do Pilates but there are no classes at times I can make & I'm on a fitness attack so I'm taking what I can to get to my goals of a toned, strong, flexible, healthy self by next spring.

Found it ... And erm I won't be going anywhere near a beam & I'm hoping she gives me some floor strength arm work before she lets me anywhere near a bar!

I love that you've remembered it & can imagine how you felt when they presented the liability form

Be prepared to ache! We have a parents session at dds gym at Xmas, I hurt for 4 whole days afterwards lol

Oh no ... I have to drive home afterwards then back there the next day!

Last time I did my first day of serious Excersize was with a PT who kept telling me I was fitter than I thought...I was sick at the end of the session couldn't talk properly & had to text hubby to pick me up as my legs were not going anywhere....that was after about 7 years of nothing other than walking/swimming though!

That is so cool! an hour is a loooong time one on one though :)
I went to a few adult classes earlier this year (before it got cold and rainy) with no gymnastics background. But it was a group class and I just did the conditioning and flexibility stuff. I happily say out huge parts of it and cheerfully told the coaches "Nup, I need to be able to drive home tonight!" even still I was exhausted at the end (2hr class) and it hurt to walk for most of the next week, but in a good way.
I would love to go back, but it's hard with the whole kid juggling thing.

In a similar moment of insanity, I went to an adult beginners ballet class yesterday and will be going back next week! :D

That is so cool! an hour is a loooong time one on one though :)
I went to a few adult classes earlier this year (before it got cold and rainy) with no gymnastics background. But it was a group class and I just did the conditioning and flexibility stuff. I happily say out huge parts of it and cheerfully told the coaches "Nup, I need to be able to drive home tonight!" even still I was exhausted at the end (2hr class) and it hurt to walk for most of the next week, but in a good way.
I would love to go back, but it's hard with the whole kid juggling thing.

In a similar moment of insanity, I went to an adult beginners ballet class yesterday and will be going back next week! :D

I went to adult gymnastics a few years ago at the gym opposite my house (mainly did the conditioning stuff and the odd handstand) and on the fourth session I pulled a muscle in my thigh being cocky forcing myself into splits, I was out of everything for 3 months!
DDs gym runs adult classes but they're on a night that I'd have to go back straight after dropping DD at home after her class so no good for me and the class at my local gymnastic club is on a night my DS is at a club and DH is with him so I have to be here with DD.

Oh ballet class...wow you need to be fit for that too and I know the adult ballet around here (they do other adult dance too for complete newbies or returnees) and they put on a yearly show that I'd never have the confidence to get on stage and perform lol! Good on you and I hope you continue to enjoy it.

Reactions: COz
Good luck! At my old gym I sometimes went to one of the lunchtime adult sessions to get some extra training time. The lunchtime one eventually stopped because hardly anyone was going - but for weeks, it was often just me and one other person. No resting time. I was knackered! :p

Good luck! At my old gym I sometimes went to one of the lunchtime adult sessions to get some extra training time. The lunchtime one eventually stopped because hardly anyone was going - but for weeks, it was often just me and one other person. No resting time. I was knackered! :p

Thank you

So a private session for group cost...how fabulous! Despite the hard work I bet it was worth it & you stumpy...I couldn't do a whole week 1 a week is enough for now lol!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back