WAG Half on

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It is not a competition vault, but it is a build up to vaults like Tzuks (in the distant future) and the half on with another half twist or more off. Those vaults can be competed in l7 up.

But I know the coaches introduce things so gradually that I barely even notice what they are doing.

That's the secret! My L5 dd is doing half-ons (the round-off-like ones), and sometimes they try throwing a back tuck at the end over a mat into the pit (never never on the real vault). It's one of those things that they gradually add a little more here and there until, eventually (in L8), they are doing real tsuks. But the progressions make it so nothing too scary is being attempted all at once. The more I watch and see dd developing, the more I realize that every little drill has a purpose, even if the payoff is years down the line. And every big skill seems to have many many smaller skills/drills on that need to be mastered before the skill itself can be done. Pretty neat, I think.

That's the secret! My L5 dd is doing half-ons (the round-off-like ones), and sometimes they try throwing a back tuck at the end over a mat into the pit (never never on the real vault). It's one of those things that they gradually add a little more here and there until, eventually (in L8), they are doing real tsuks. But the progressions make it so nothing too scary is being attempted all at once. The more I watch and see dd developing, the more I realize that every little drill has a purpose, even if the payoff is years down the line. And every big skill seems to have many many smaller skills/drills on that need to be mastered before the skill itself can be done. Pretty neat, I think.
Exactly! My coaches have done the exact same thing. One of my friends is a level 8, and she did the exact same drills "Way back when"

My daughter needs speed if she ever has a prayer of flipping. She also seems way too small. This is her first year actually over the table so I doubt they are already starting to train more advanced vaults. Probably just something to break up the monotony.
g.

Funny that you say that. My dd is very small (12.5 yr 4'6") -I recently made a video of her vaults from level 4-9, and those early front handsprings very quite frightening! However, she is is now flipping a yurchenko pike on 125cm like a pro!

To the OP, I've never seen a tsuk at level 7, most do FHS, some do half on halfoff. My older dd had trouble with her tsuk for L8, combination of poor technique, slow run, growing a lot in height, so when she switched over to JOGA (our in-state program) she competed half on-full off.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back